Paypal not accepting proof of business DBA partnership

mspipes
Contributor
Contributor

As the title suggests:

I am in a partnership with another person. We both are on a DBA together. I have the legal document from the county clerk here in NY proving such.

It has both our names, addresses, clear name of business entity etc etc and even a stamp from the county clerk.  it is a legal partnership of two people doing business as "insert name here" and we both legally share the profits and losses and tax implications. it is like Paypal does not understand a DBA. 

I have had my paperwork refused and chat etc keeps telling me to make a corporation or LLC and enter our EIN.

A Joint DBA will not ever have a EIN and instead uses both our socials.

Suggestions? I have a business bank account etc all linked to the paypal account now and I would hate to have to close this paypal acct.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mspipes 

Scroll towards the bottom of this page for business docs they accept:

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/cip-acceptable-documents-guidelines-faq4007

Check with the secretary of state where the business is located to make sure no other document needs to be filed with them for your Partnership.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.