Paypal limited my account for something that happened around 3 years ago - Can't withdraw my money!

jordanwill94
Contributor
Contributor

Hello!

Having some problems, A Few years ago I got scammed on paypal, I sold an expensive item and shipped it and then the customer done a chargeback, However the funds were already in my bank account and my paypal balance fell into a - balance.

That account I believe no longer exists and got sold to a debt collection company who I am going to sort an affordable payment plan with.

I Completely forgot about most of this 3 years ago and opened a new paypal account and some some stuff on ebay, Maybe I shouldn't of opened a new account.. But I now have £50 sat in my balance and my account completely limited.

They're saying I have to resolve my old account and login.. (I Cannot login this account no longer exists) and has been sold to debt collection agency!

Anyways, I Feel this is completely unrelated to the £50 in my new account and if I wasn't allowed to re-open paypal they shouldn't have allowed it to open, Not stop it when money is in there and blackmail me saying I have to sort the account of 3 years ago, I Will do.. but thats between me and the debt collection company.

I Just want to withdraw this £50 and leave paypal for good. I Cannot afford to give paypal this £50.. hence why I raised some money through ebay.

I Have emailed Paypal but never get a reply. It's completely impossible for me to login to my old account and resolve the issue as the account no longer exists!

I Also cannot afford to just pay £1000 that I got scammed out of, But hopefully maybe sort some kind of monthly arrangement with the debt collection agency!

Anyways,

Thank you!

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

jordanwill94
Contributor
Contributor

Anyone?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jordanwill94 

Tell paypal to put the £50 towards your debt?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

birdslover
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry, I have the same problem with PayPal. What happened with your account. Has PayPal released the money?

Thank you for your answer.

Regards

Werner

Login to Me Too

jordanwill94
Contributor
Contributor

Nothing, Haven't even answered my emails. So frustrating!

Login to Me Too

jordanwill94
Contributor
Contributor
Still nothing! Worst customer service ever.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.