cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paypal limited and closed, want to withdraw funds after 180 days

SOLVED

Paypal limited and closed, want to withdraw funds after 180 days

Hi,

My account was limited permanently at the start of last year, I was told my funds £800+ would be on hold for 180 days then I could withdraw it. 

I received the email saying my funds were available at the start of November, since then I have been trying to withdraw with no luck.

I have no debit card or bank account on my paypal, I try to add either and I get the "Account is limited" message when trying to do so, I also cannot send the funds to another paypal account (family member). 

Has anyone got a way around this, the funds are clearly there to be withdrew as I can now get through to the screen to add or select a bank / card to withdraw to but I cannot add one to actually withdraw. I have tried contacting paypal 10+ times and everytime I just get an automatic generic email "Decisions on the closure of paypal accounts are final and will not be reviewed" when all im asking is how to get my money, I dont care about the account.

Anyone had any luck getting around this ?

Is there a better way to contact paypal? Used to be a live chat but I cannot find it anymore, only the message centre. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Esteemed Advisor

Re: Paypal limited and closed, want to withdraw funds after 180 days

@hostileorg 

If you haven't got a bank account or card linked to the account then you can't withdraw, you would need to contact customer services and see if they will send you a cheque with the balance.

Contact options for Paypal are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages...

1. Paypal phones are slowly re-opening and increasing in numbers (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and @AskPayPal for Twitter. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Esteemed Advisor

Re: Paypal limited and closed, want to withdraw funds after 180 days

@hostileorg 

If you haven't got a bank account or card linked to the account then you can't withdraw, you would need to contact customer services and see if they will send you a cheque with the balance.

Contact options for Paypal are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages...

1. Paypal phones are slowly re-opening and increasing in numbers (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and @AskPayPal for Twitter. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post