Paypal limited and closed, want to withdraw funds after 180 days

hostileorg

Hi,

My account was limited permanently at the start of last year, I was told my funds £800+ would be on hold for 180 days then I could withdraw it. 

I received the email saying my funds were available at the start of November, since then I have been trying to withdraw with no luck.

I have no debit card or bank account on my paypal, I try to add either and I get the "Account is limited" message when trying to do so, I also cannot send the funds to another paypal account (family member). 

Has anyone got a way around this, the funds are clearly there to be withdrew as I can now get through to the screen to add or select a bank / card to withdraw to but I cannot add one to actually withdraw. I have tried contacting paypal 10+ times and everytime I just get an automatic generic email "Decisions on the closure of paypal accounts are final and will not be reviewed" when all im asking is how to get my money, I dont care about the account.

Anyone had any luck getting around this ?

Is there a better way to contact paypal? Used to be a live chat but I cannot find it anymore, only the message centre. 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@hostileorg 

If you haven't got a bank account or card linked to the account then you can't withdraw, you would need to contact customer services and see if they will send you a cheque with the balance.

Contact options for Paypal are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages...

1. Paypal phones are slowly re-opening and increasing in numbers (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and @AskPayPal for Twitter. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@hostileorg 

If you haven't got a bank account or card linked to the account then you can't withdraw, you would need to contact customer services and see if they will send you a cheque with the balance.

Contact options for Paypal are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages...

1. Paypal phones are slowly re-opening and increasing in numbers (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and @AskPayPal for Twitter. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

saifsyed8904
Contributor
Contributor

This is absolutely sad all my lifes money was in PayPal where i sold online digital software after phoning paypal and emailing back getting responses from 4 different support members i went to go look back on my account on the 180 day mark where all of my money Just above $7000 has been sent to paypal without my confirmation saying in the bottom. (PayPal's damages caused by Acceptable Use Policy violation) I dont know if i should go contact a lawyer or what since nothing i did was illegal or breaking their terms of service at all and now i have $0 balance left being unable to do anything with the account...

Login to Me Too

saifsyed8904
Contributor
Contributor

Just to clarify all the support and staffs did ensure me that i would get a notification 100% back saying you will be able to withdraw your money to a card or whatso ever.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.