Paypal keeps denying my claim

jdel916
Contributor
Contributor

Started a dispute because seller gave me incorrect tracking number for a product I purchased. Sent to different address in my same zip code.  Verified by USPS (Paypal requested I have USPS send an Intranet Tracking document proving package wasn't addressed to me). 3rd time Paypal has denied my claim because they keep saying their system shows a package was delivered to someone in my zip code.  Are they not even reading the documentation they are requesting I keep sending? So frustrated!!!  What can I do to get my $4oo back????  Why isn't Paypal protecting buyers from fraudulent sellers???  Poor form, Paypal, poor form.   Did any of you work through a situation like this?

Login to Me Too
33 REPLIES 33

pharpe
Contributor
Contributor

This exact situation is happening to me.  Paypal keeps denying my claim because the seller provided a bogus tracking number to my same zip.  What number did you call to get this cleared up?  I'm getting nowhere.  It seems there reps are coach to play dome and ask for internal USPS documents that are not available to the public. 

Login to Me Too

mrsmule
Contributor
Contributor
Can u take the bogus tracking number to USPS and ask for a printout that the tracking number doesn’t exist? If so, upload it to your PayPal claim
Login to Me Too

pharpe
Contributor
Contributor

I have spoken to multiple people at the post office that told me that this is internal information that they do not give out to the public per policy.  I was told that if you go to a local branch you might be able to talk someone into giving it to you so that is my plan after work.  Ridiculous that paypal requires you to social engineer the post office to get a document in order to get them the reverse a charge that is clearly fraud.   The 3rd person at USPS I spoke to said that if Paypal calls them they can confirm that the tracking.  The Paypal manager I spoke with refused because she was too busy. 

Login to Me Too

jdel916
Contributor
Contributor
I'm sorry your post office isn't helping you. Try speaking with your mail carrier and explain the situation, they may be able to contact your USPS branch manager helping you get their intra tracking (check my previous posts for the exact name) info. My post office branch had no problem giving me a copy of the document. Good luck!
Login to Me Too

jdel916
Contributor
Contributor
On the page where you file your claim there is a contact us link with the phone number.
Login to Me Too

victim_of_scam
Contributor
Contributor

Don't waste your time with PayPal. Report them to BBB and advocate for people around you to know how bad PayPal is running their business. They act like a scammer themselves. That's what I did. I reported them and told all my friends and relatives whatever chance I get to stay away from PayPal. In my case PayPal is even negligent (or should I say stupid) to the point they sided with the scammer and closed my case based on the tracking number that was shown shipped and received even before it was ordered. A 15 years old can spot the scam after 30 seconds, but PayPal doesn't which lead me to conclude PayPal is a scammer too.

Login to Me Too

MsWingo
Was it BFE Corp? There is a whole page of people scammed by this company but PayPal still won't do anything to help. I've learned my lesson and hopefully my bank will be able to get my money back.
Login to Me Too

victim_of_scam
Contributor
Contributor

Exact thing happened to me! I already reported PayPal and the scam website to Better Business Bureau. In my case the seller was a scammer which I reported right the minutes I got notified of a charge from PayPal, yet they declined my claim within 2 hours. If you search on the community, you will find the same scam and same ignorant PayPal in other topics. Report PayPal and find a law suit against them for creating a loophole for scammers.

Login to Me Too

CScheetz1990
Contributor
Contributor

This is happening to me as well. I was able to confirm with UPS that the seller provided a fraudulent tracking number with an address in my area (same city and zip code, but different address) that is NOT mine. UPS were also able to confirm to me that the recipient name, address, and merchant name did NOT match. The eBay seller used 2 different names for his accounts, and a fake name and address for himself and the business. The shipment date was June 17th, 1 DAY BEFORE MY PURCHASE, when I was made aware by the auction that this item was from the USA, which is untrue because it would be impossible when you consider the date, time frame, and time zone.  eBay was VERY helpful and attempted to refund me but was unable to, due to the system denying the refund over an open claim from PayPal. I am stuck in limbo waiting for an answer over $723 I just lost on this purchase. I have now contacted an attorney. It's been over a month since the claim. If PayPal refuses resolve the issue, confirm my shipping information with UPS and verify the information does NOT match. I will take this matter to court and sue for my refund and any reparations I deserve.

Login to Me Too

mrsmule
Contributor
Contributor
That is true. eBay won’t refund if there is an open claim on PayPal. I made that mistake. I should have done an appeal with eBay when I got the initial deny instead of going directly to PayPal. So Call PayPal. Don’t do the email thing. Get a live person on the phone. Upload your documents. Plead your case. That is what I had to do and I had my money back the same day. If PayPal continues to deny and closes the case then go back to eBay.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.