Paypal keeps denying my claim

jdel916
Contributor
Contributor

Started a dispute because seller gave me incorrect tracking number for a product I purchased. Sent to different address in my same zip code.  Verified by USPS (Paypal requested I have USPS send an Intranet Tracking document proving package wasn't addressed to me). 3rd time Paypal has denied my claim because they keep saying their system shows a package was delivered to someone in my zip code.  Are they not even reading the documentation they are requesting I keep sending? So frustrated!!!  What can I do to get my $4oo back????  Why isn't Paypal protecting buyers from fraudulent sellers???  Poor form, Paypal, poor form.   Did any of you work through a situation like this?

Login to Me Too
33 REPLIES 33

mrsmule
Contributor
Contributor

UPS switched to USPS Surepost and delivered to an address with the same zip code as me. I have documentation showing the original tracking number and the address, in the same zip code, but not MY address. Ebay says the package was delivered so they denied my claim. I put in a paypal dispute and even though I uploaded the document showing it's not my address, they sided with the seller. My claim isn't as much as yours, only $80. but I feel like I'm getting the run around as well. 

Login to Me Too

jdel916
Contributor
Contributor

Filed my Product Not Received complaint uploading images of screen chats where seller admits he gave me incorrect tracking number and wouldn't give me correct ones (oh, paypal won't let me upload the new one, I'm at the dentist, so I can't give it to you, but you should receive the package today). I didn't. Paypal denied this claim stating the tracking number provided shows a package delivered somewhere in my zip code. That's all they check.

Called Paypal, first rep I spoke with confirmed they only check zip code. I sent a picture I received from the post office showing the tracking no. provided by the seller had a different address attached said she was confident Paypal would resolve my case. I guess crooks know the old "we only match the zip code" game, too.

This rep proceeded to switch my claim type to unauthorized payment - which was denied because seller gave them the same fraudulent tracking number showing a package had been delivered somewhere in my zip code.  Called again and had it switched back to Product not Received and this rep stated I needed an Intranet Tracking form from the post office - my post office has been great in sending me the info. I forwarded the direct email from usps with info and uploaded per new Paypal request to do so. They said their investigators would look into it. 4 hours later I get a declined message because seller gave them the same fraudulent tracking number showing a package had been delivered to someone in my zip code! 

UGHHHHH

Login to Me Too

mrsmule
Contributor
Contributor
I purchased through eBay. I’ve been a member for 20 years. I think I will just buy through Amazon from now on. I even went so far as to go to the address where my package was delivered and the resident told me he received a cheap knife in the mail. My postman told me he delivered my package there and he knew I didn’t live there. The information says the package was left at the mailbox. 4 chafing dishes in a large package would not be left on a country road mail box. I believe the seller shipped a small item, to the same zip code and did not ship the chafing dishes at all.
Login to Me Too

jdel916
Contributor
Contributor

Sounds like we have the same seller... the package I ordered wouldn't have fit in the envelope shown in the delivery either.  I'm with you and will just stick with Amazon from now on. Sadly, I think many cons are on to Paypal's lack of consumer/buyer help.  I'm sorry you lost out, too. No matter the dollar amount, it's terrible we've had this same experience. Boo, Paypal. We thought we could trust you. I'll keep raising it up the flagpole during the 180 day dispute period. I'll keep you posted on anything I do that helps get the situation resolved on my end. Great luck to us both!!

Login to Me Too

mrsmule
Contributor
Contributor
I just vented my problem on FB. Apparently it’s not just us. I immediately got a comment from one of my friends that she said she bought something off fb and didn’t realize she was scammed as well until she read my post. I firmly believe my ‘foreigner’ seller from New Jersey never had chafing dishes to begin with. He shipped a cheap item to an address in the same zip code. I always believe Paypal had my back. I don’t believe that anymore. Good luck to you too!
Login to Me Too

mrsmule
Contributor
Contributor
I just got off phone with PayPal. Hannah opened my documents and said good thing you uploaded these. I just got the email my refund is now on its way
Login to Me Too

jdel916
Contributor
Contributor

I am currently on a call with Paypal - again today. I have called everyday regarding my claim (keeps being denied despite providing documentation they keep requesting: proof from shipping carrier that the package that was not delivered to my address. Today Paypal rep - Justin (I have his rep number)- tells me paypal considers a package delivered if it is within 10 miles of the address it was supposed to go to.  WHAT??

This is why they keep denying my claim.  Am currently on hold to speak with a supervisor I'm told is named Mary. 

According to the Paypal Seller Protection policy:

You [Seller] must ship the item to the shipping address on the transaction details page in your PayPal account for the transaction.

https://www.paypal.com/us/brc/article/seller-protection

This seller did not.  

The seller protection policy does not state that package must be delivered within 10 miles of the address it was supposed to go to.  

Come on, Paypal!!! I have done everything you have asked!!!

Login to Me Too

jdel916
Contributor
Contributor

Where it was supposed to go:

Where it was supposed be shippedWhere it was supposed be shipped

Where seller sent a different item:

Not my addressNot my address

Login to Me Too

jdel916
Contributor
Contributor

Persistence is the key to resolution.  I finally asked to speak to a claims manager (LEE, THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP!) who immediately went to the claims department to show them my USPS Intranet Tracking form.  I guess the 4 other reps hadn't attached it to my claim every time I reopened it.  Expect to be on hold for another 30-45 minutes to speak to the claims manager and even if the initial agent that calls you back asks you what's the point in speaking to a manager, just keep requesting to.  That's how my problem was solved. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.