Paypal is the absolute worst

bbodoit
Contributor
Contributor

My account has been frozen for over a month now. I've been trying to verify for account for weeks with little to no support. This is unreal. I'm running a business, have been for five years and they aren't competent enough to re-activate my account or even respond to my support tickets. I have thousands of dollars in my account I can't access, and bills to pay. I can't wait for the day that there is an adequate competitor for sending money so I can close my account forever. The support team should be embarrassed and it should be illegal blocking me out of my account and not responding to support tickets. Unreal.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@bbodoit 

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top OR very bottom of page dependent on what country you are in. Scroll down past the list of help questions and click on 'Call us' bottom of that page. Log in and get the code.

OR
have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@bbodoit 

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top OR very bottom of page dependent on what country you are in. Scroll down past the list of help questions and click on 'Call us' bottom of that page. Log in and get the code.

OR
have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

bbodoit
Contributor
Contributor

I have called numerous times. They tell me things are getting verified by their department. I'm now getting emails saying I need to provide more information yet everything is checked off. No one replies to my tickets. I hate this company so much. Is there any way to reach someone above the regular customer support and actually speak to someone that can do something? It must be five weeks now since I could use my account. I'm getting emails from companies that my bills are overdue.

Login to Me Too

bbodoit
Contributor
Contributor

This forum is as helpful as Paypal support.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@bbodoit 

This forum provides answers and help on a daily basis.

But we can't answer account issue questions, the only thing we can do is give you contact information for paypal.

If paypal don't help you then that has nothing to do with us all we can do is tell you how to contact them.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Stupidrobots
Contributor
Contributor

Yes but it is NOT POSSIBLE to contact them. They never reply to your actual problem, just with an automated response about going to the resolution centre. Going to the resolution centre has NOTHING to do with my problem of getting my own **bleep** money back into my bank account because of their failed 'security' systems, asking me to verify 2 small amounts they claim to have lodged to my bank account. It never happened, they will not acknowledge it, keep rejecting my uploaded documents, which uploaded perfectly in every way, again and again, and they for sure refuse to be nailed down with a phone call.

Paypal is a corrupt organisation. How are they allowed to get away with it?

Login to Me Too

Stupidrobots
Contributor
Contributor

If it is any consolation, I am having the VERY SAME issue. Plus they seem to orchestrate frustration on purpose by rejecting my passport, electricity bill and then not be accountable because it is IMPOSSIBLE to get any satisfaction from 'customer service.'

This is a massive corporate setup. They are doing this to countless thousands of people, if not millions. Who are paypal actually accountable to? Because they give no **bleep** about me or you I can assure you of that. 

Login to Me Too

Stupidrobots
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal IS the worst. They need competition to put manners on them.

They have also frozen my account. They keep coming back every time I upload a document saying it is not good enough.

I cannot get them on the phone because they answer after 10 minutes, take a few details, tell me they are transferring my call to the relevant dept, put me on HOLD INDEFINITELY so that I have to hang up because the call is costing me a fortune, I only have cellular.

Now I realise what they are playing at - the longer they have yours or my money, the more interest they are making.

They are faceless, impersonal, cowardly bullies who can't be reached. It is serious passive aggression, or maybe indeed active aggression on their part.

Who can help me take these creeps on so that I can A. withdraw my money and B. close my account?

Login to Me Too

Stupidrobots
Contributor
Contributor

It is NOT POSSIBLE to contact them by phone. Have YOU actually tried???????????

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Stupidrobots 

UK customer services is based just outside Dublin so go knock on their door  😉

Failing that yes you can easily get through by phone, just make sure that you don't select any of the options given and either stay quiet OR say Agent a few times. That often bypasses the bot.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.