Paypal is out of control

JamesNC
Contributor
Contributor

For starters, I have 4 or 5 Paypal accounts, a Web Development company, a Puppy Finding company, a Coffee Company.. the list goes on..  I even have a personal one i think?

Anyway, A customer sent me a payment (the wrong amount), and said she overpaid "ok, sure" I called Paypal to make sure that she didn't have a "Fee" taken out on her end.  They confirmed and i sent her refund..  Later that day, she sent the correct amount.

This somehow triggered an account limitation.

I've sent them at this point

W2's, Copies of Passports, Drivers License, Supplier Agreements, Purchase Agreements, etc. on and on..

I've provided my other accounts which should prove that i'm the same person!

yet its going on a month now, i've given you everything and your customer service has done nothing other than repeat the same "up to 5 days" language?

My business has stalled due to this issue.

This company is out of control.  Due to no fault of my own or any customers, My business finally starts making money (Finally) and Paypal takes it hostage?? Way to kick a small business owner when they are just starting to get a break!

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@JamesNC

Seems like that woman's payment caused some kind of commotion and you calling PayPal over info that can be found in the FAQs or asking the community would have solved. Sorry this happened to you. Can't really say when these account limitations get resolved seems like it the wait time varies wildly. And limitations can't be lifted over the phone, as its a different dept that handles that stuff. 

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

JamesNC
Contributor
Contributor

@sharpiemarker   Since when does a company keep actionable information in their FAQ?

The account wasn't suspended after I issued the refund, it was suspended when she sent another payment. (I wasn't aware of whether she would use stripe, square or paypal again)

Calling them to ask them to issue a refund is the Opposite of what a scammer would do.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@JamesNC

You are only allowed x2 paypal accounts if x1 is personal and the other x1 is business, if you have 2 of the same type you risk them both/all being limited.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.