Paypal is officially aiding a scammer

joem789
Contributor
Contributor

After filing a dispute against a scammer that uses the discountmerrell.com website (among others), I provided Paypal with multiple forms of proof. And they of course denied my case over a technicality. Because I chose "billing issue" instead of unauthorized activity. That's the first clue that they were never interested in helping me solve this problem. So I appealed it. Then provided more information several times. They eventually claimed they were contacting the seller. And if the seller did not respond by April 13, then I would get a refund. They eventually responded and claimed the seller responded. And that they were "reviewing" the information given by the seller. Two days ago. Then promptly sent me another denial email tonight. Claiming the seller gave shipment tracking that proved I received an order. I'm stumped at how it is possible for Paypal to fall for such a thing. Considering I know I did not receive and order from anyone. So I can only assume that Paypal is aiding the scammer. I mean, come on. Are people at Paypal really that dumb? They don't seem the least bit interested in solving this problem. Furthermore. Is it a coincidence that after I received the last denial email, my Paypal account hits me with a mandatory password change and security challenges? The whole vibe coming from them wreaks of aiding and abetting. So now I have to resort to contacting lawyers to figure out how to force Paypal to PROVE that the scammer is the good guy and victim is the bad guy. It's ridiculous.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.