Paypal is now claiming I have to pay a debt, Help Pls! (Read for information/detail)

yureikai
Contributor
Contributor

To keep things short and go into a little detail  around July 6th,  My gmail account and paypal  got randomly hacked but I have recovered both accounts.. I am completely unaware of how my gmail/paypal accounts  got hacked, as I have never clicked on any suspicious links, Downloaded any malicious files,  Or shared my account with anyone or an app/site that needed to have access to my account,  Due to my gmail acc getting hacked the person then went into my paypal account, Because my paypal is linked through my gmail and due to that the person then committed fraud and theft and charged my deactivated bank account for 3 unauthorized payments through an unknown company I have no knowledge of called Kinguin.  They  purchased digital giftcards, So   I disputed it to paypal and got a full refund  for the unauthorized charges thankfully and I am grateful for that and also paypal removed my bank account and I also removed my debit card, But after a few days past I noticed a negative balance on my  dashboard for my paypal account, As I'm curious I noticed their was no charges but I received an email from paypal claiming that I owe debt because of a recent transaction that I don't see on my dashboard.  What can I do to have this debt removed from my paypal?, Because their is no way I'm going to pay for a debt that occurred because of a person who committed fraud.   

557.PNG

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Celeste

Hi there @yureikai,

Thank you for your post. I'm sorry to hear you had to experience this trouble! If the negative balance is still present, I would recommend getting in touch with our customer support team by selecting Contact at the bottom of any PayPal page. Hopefully this can be resolved soon!

Take care,

- Celeste S.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.