Paypal is not following up on scam/fraud merchants

amontsinger
New Community Member

Abby Montsinger

6:19 PM

I have an open dispute from April 4th which was to have been resolved by May 25th (the second resolution date). Now I read that the resolution is pushed back farther to June.  This is unacceptable that the dispute has been moved farther back to resolution in June. It is clear the retailer was a scam and I was scammed.    Using paypal we believe that these companies/business are validated for authentication and protect us from these issues.  This is unacceptable to be kept waiting for resolution for over 60 days.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@amontsinger 

PayPal tries to resolve disputes within 30 days but there are some situations where it may take longer to resolve. 

Shipping logistics are a nightmare now so delivery may take longer if Item Not Receive is reason for claim. PayPal is extending the cases for this reason. Limited staffing issues to handle the load of cases can also be a factor. Ideally, things should be better but unfortunately...it isn't.

If you don't want to wait, you can forfeit the PayPal dispute and....

See section "Dispute with us or your card issuer":

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full?locale.x=en_US#purchase-protection

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.