Paypal is asking me to ship my disputed item to a different country before processing my dispute

ipe_naman
Contributor
Contributor

Lazada.ph sent me the wrong item but they disabled their return function.  As I do not want the item, I filed a Paypal dispute and Paypal has determined to refund me. However, they are asking me to return the item to Singapore and not to Lazada's Manila Office. 

My return shipping fees would be more than my dispute amount!   

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor
@ipe_naman

In the event of a dispute you nearly always have to return the item back to the seller so you bear in mind possible return trackable costs before you buy from that seller / item / country.

However some sellers like the one you have encountered make it look as though you can send it back locally etc but actually put their return info on paypal internationally knowing it will probably force you to not return the item due to the expense.

Unfortunately if thats the address paypal have got then that is where you have to return it.

You may have the option to do a chargeback via your card issuer instead of a Paypal dispute if you funded your Paypal payment via a credit card.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.