Paypal is a joke - money stolen from paypal account via walmart cash withdrawal

mgreen0982
New Community Member

I had $295 taken from my paypal account by someone at a walmart and paypal said they can do nothing about it. They said that because someone had to have a photo ID that it would be impossible for the funds to be withdrawn. They have clearly never heard of fake IDs. Paypal was not even able to tell me what walmart was even used or even what city it was in. Anyone have any experience with this. Paypal customer service was an absolute joke.

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

Aliciavkulp
Contributor
Contributor
In order to get my money back I had to go on to their Facebook page and post publicly how terrible their customer service was. You can send them a private message through Facebook..... I found the customer service I got through Facebook was 100 times better than what I got over the phone. Good luck.
Login to Me Too

Tonylee519
Contributor
Contributor
I had the money stolen from me on March 17th and as of this morning I just got my $500 back. It’s really unfair but it’s going to require you to waste of ton of your time to go after this. You really need to highlight the fact the the transaction numbers from you activity and the email you received are different and that’s the proof that it was fraudulent. I was and am super frustrated in what I had to do to get MY MONEY back. Unbelievable.... Hopefully this helps but this is how I wasted my time the past couple days 1) filing a dispute 2) dispute will automatically be denied because it’s basically a computer generated reply that you get within 3 hours 3) send a letter to their P.O. Box to ask for the investigation details which is a waste of time 4) file a police report which was also a waste of time 5) call PayPal multiple times which was a waste of time because you can’t get anyone on the phone right now because of COVID-19 6) call Walmart for them to either give you the run around and them to basically be rude and tell you they won’t do anything for you 7) finally... go on PayPals Facebook page and put them on blast on a public post for them to finally reopen your case. Follow these steps and you will get your money back. So ridiculous that they would let this happen to you and deem a $500 cash withdrawal as normal activity. Good luck!
Login to Me Too

ObyO
Contributor
Contributor

I am a victim of this as well. All we can do is aware other users to pull out the money before they get scammed, because they will not receive any help from Paypal.

If you are victim, tweet and share 

https://twitter.com/obravim/status/1259114818084040706?s=20

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.