Paypal is a joke - money stolen from paypal account via walmart cash withdrawal

mgreen0982
New Community Member

I had $295 taken from my paypal account by someone at a walmart and paypal said they can do nothing about it. They said that because someone had to have a photo ID that it would be impossible for the funds to be withdrawn. They have clearly never heard of fake IDs. Paypal was not even able to tell me what walmart was even used or even what city it was in. Anyone have any experience with this. Paypal customer service was an absolute joke.

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

Teslafan101
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

what did they use at Wmt to access your Paypal account? 

Login to Me Too

temp20190805

I'm deleting my account because I was hacked too yesterday. These hackers I think are somewhat an inside job hackers to be honest. Because I just got an email from paypal stating "you sent a payment to Bjs.com for the amount of" without me authorizing or clicking anything. I also wanna say to paypal - damn, it's so obvious that that authorization didn't come from the same IP ADDRESS that I've been using since 2009!

Paypal is too much stress, there are other ways to get money / payment from people (if you're selling online or what have you). But this will be the end of my paypal account - I'm not gonna die if I don't have one. They need people like us (consumers) more than we need paypal.

Login to Me Too

KatGirrl
Contributor
Contributor
@mgreen0982 this happened to me as well today. 463 taken and PayPal is saying someone had to have my id and my phone number. filing a police report. Walmart doesn't even know how to log this.
Login to Me Too

Nsiepker
New Community Member
This just happened to me also. After two phone calls with multiple transfers and holds either PayPal lasting over 1.5 hours... I got no answer. They couldnt tell me the location of the transaction. I went to my only Walmart within 30 miles (smalltown Iowa), and they also couldnt pull up any info using my name, transaction ID, etc. I'm now currently on hold with walmart.com customer service going on 47 minutes... what were the results from the prior people's incidents?
Login to Me Too

vivi040372
Contributor
Contributor

Same thing here just happened to me this morning while I was sleeping at 8am also involved Walmart! $500 gone from my account hard-earned money and PayPal did nothing to protect my funds also spent countless freakin hours talking to idiot Philippinos who are of no help and accused me and my husband of doing it. We need to sue this is **bleep**! Shame on you PayPal!

Login to Me Too

JD1989
Contributor
Contributor
Same here, took my money while I was in bed last night and pay pal is no help. Left me with a balance of less than a dollar so I can't do anything with it or even close my account.
Login to Me Too

Aliciavkulp
Contributor
Contributor
I ha[Removed. Phone #s not permitted] I got a PayPal notification saying at 3:26pm a cash withdraw was made at Walmart so I immediately called PayPal after going online and opening a case, the rep I talked to actually told me this was the 3rd call he has gotten about this issue today ...... he really could help me just said they will investigate and let me know the outcome within 9 days and wished me luck. Around 9:30 pm I get an email from PayPal saying the case was denied and is closed, saying it was authorized and consistent with my account useage. I have never ever made a cash withdraw at Walmart or anywhere since owning my paypal account. I saw here someone said they got their money back after noticing the transaction IDs don’t match but I called PayPal again this morning to tell them the same information and nothing...... I asked for a supervisor who basically told me nothing can be done and I need to call Walmart, couldn’t give me any info on which Walmart this took place at ..... I can’t even file my police report without this information......I am just disgusted, how can PayPal even do a thorough investigation without knowing which Walmart????? I sell on eBay so closing my PayPal account isn’t an option for me, now I will have to live in fear of this happening again and again.... literally in tears!!!!
Login to Me Too

JD1989
Contributor
Contributor
I posted on PayPal's Facebook page and they were eventually able to get me ahold of a real person in the escalation department that got my case appealed and money back.
Login to Me Too

hbshea

The same thing just happened to me - was there any resolution to this??

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.