Paypal is Fraud: allowing wrong item being shipped from china scam

udaykiran108
Contributor
Contributor

AIKPRO.LIMITED : <removed> Guangdong Province, China -1 Hong Kong SAR China

1) item [folding picnic table] advertised on Facebook (cool product, good price)

2) I pay 17 item + 9 shipping via PayPal $26

3) shipment arrives and it is a cheap watch!

4) Seller offers small percentage as refund, I refuse.

5) Escalate the complaint in Paypal

5) PayPal state I need to send back, tracked, and the seller has to confirm delivery before a refund will be issued

6) Tracked postage costs more than I’d get in a refund

7) Seller wins..

I end up out of pocket with a broken item that is different in every way (size, materials, quality) from what I ordere, plus I ordered two and didn’t receive them

Then i see many posts with similar fraud & paypal is not doing anything about it.

Paypal is allowing this scam to happen... buyer protection is a lie.!

Login to Me Too
55 REPLIES 55

LaSole1
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there... Do you know the name and telephone number of the Scammer company??

@udaykiran108 

thanks 4 everything

Login to Me Too

udaykiran108
Contributor
Contributor

Seller info
AIKPRO.LIMITED
http://www.aikpro.com
<removed>

You'll see "PAYPAL *YEWEILONG" on your card statement.

No telephone number provided.

Hope this helps,

Uday.

Login to Me Too

LaSole1
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Pal.

Huge

Joan

Login to Me Too

AC59

Anyone who's had problems with PayPal dealing with a Chinese company, return address Warehouse <Removed>, China Post Code: <Removed>. PayPal's been dealing with this scam company for nearly a year (possibly even longer!) with numerous publicly posted complaints as far as I can see, so they have been aware for months yet still associated with them. No refund or protection, knowing they are scam and putting their name for payment method to falsely make us feel safe - disgraceful!

Login to Me Too

Starbee7
Contributor
Contributor
Since all these consumers are being scammed by PayPal with respect to these foreign merchants, has anyone thought of a class action lawsuit? My particular case involves shipping an item to China. I will have to find out how much it will cost to ship to China in the morning. I believe it will cost more than what I paid for the item. I sent this question to PayPal. If PayPal doesn't give me the answer I want, I will take action.
Login to Me Too

CN123
Contributor
Contributor
The address they give you to ship it back isn’t even a real address. I don’t remember what it was now but I had entered it into a shipping system and it didn’t recognize the address. When I reported this to PayPal, they simply said to send them proof from the shipping company that this is not a valid address. How do you prove that it’s not valid when you can’t even print a shipping label?! Do I take a picture of the shipper not printing a label? It was ridiculous. After dealing with back and forth messages for a few months already, I reached out to my credit card to dispute the PayPal charge. They refunded me within a few days. I still feel upset that these fraudulent people can get away with scamming people so easily. PayPal should be held accountable.
Login to Me Too

BarbaraG69
Contributor
Contributor
I was thinking the same thing. I will follow up.
Login to Me Too

DanaTbo
Contributor
Contributor

This is the complaint I filed today with the Federal trade Commission https://www.ftc.gov/ .  I think everyone should hold PayPal accountable:  

COMPLAINT AGAINST PAYPAL'S MATERIAL ABETTANCE TO FRAUD: I initiated claims with PayPal against two companies that, at first, did not send an item, but after the claim was initiated through PayPal, junk items--not what I ordered from the companies--was sent. This complaint is not about those companies which are clearly scam corporations, but about PayPal not honoring their claims of Buyer Purchase Protection and their obvious abetting fraud through their supposed refund process. I eventually got a refund for one item but I am still pursuing a refund for a second item ($65.99). Paypal is aware of the fraud a company by the name of Dongguan Shunfa Logistics Co., Ltd. is perpetrating. On their website, they have a community forum where this company is implicated in multiple fraudulent activities. https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/Disputes-and-Limitations/Fraud-Dongguan-Shunfa-Logistics-Co-Ltd/.... There are many more such discussions that can be found with a quick search of the word "Dongguan" in the forum. Even though Paypal is aware of their fraudulent practices, PayPal continues to serve them and protect their criminal activities by failing to uphold PayPal's Purchase Protection policy by means of the minutia of the process. Example: I file a complaint, PayPal requires specific forms to be filled out and I comply with all of their requests. The Dongguan... company responds with ridiculous offers, I refuse because I want a full refund, they send another offer (not a full refund), I refuse, they offer a full refund but require me to send the fraudulent item back to them, but the address is a fake address and it's in China--requiring me to pay for shipping to China to get $65.99 refunded. Paypal then requests another address from the company and on and on it goes. It is now August 17 and this has been ongoing from June 7th. This is PayPal aiding and abetting fraud and why I am filing this complaint against PayPal. PayPal claims simply that "If an order doesn’t arrive or it doesn’t match the description, we’ll reimburse the full cost of eligible purchases plus original shipping." This is obviously not true and by protecting fraud, PayPal commits fraud.

Login to Me Too

Pat6311
Contributor
Contributor

Hi I'm pat from Liverpool England ,

all what you wrote happened to me ,a company that looked like it was from Germany but no it was from china ,PayPal made it hard for me but I sent the items back to china and complied with PayPal,but at no time did PayPal ask me to fill in some kind of tracking form they have only just mentioned this after they denied my claim twice on the basis of not providing valid proof of tracking, I gave them the tracking number from British Royal Mail, I also contacted the company but got no reply,

on Their message centre I spoke with over 30 different people all just paying lip service, I gave up after they denied my second claim,  my goods were in customs from the 12th April ,then guess what last week they were returned to me.

i was so mad I got in touch with PayPal again as I said I'm totally back to square 1. They only message I got was a link to report a fraud , I message back saying yes I will do this but I will also be siting PayPal as well ,as they are still dealing with this company, I found this out by chance going onto trust pilot were there are over 720 complaints about them and again PayPal were no help to these people,a lot of people just give up so heaven knows the true figure,

im going to speak to the fraud squad tomorrow,and if I can post the outcome ,as for PayPal I not use them again to me they are worse and put us in this position,so much for there protection, 

thanks pat,

Login to Me Too

caileneamh
Contributor
Contributor

it sucks huh... the lip service is crap. Makes you wonder if paypal is in on it

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.