Paypal is Fraud: allowing wrong item being shipped from china scam

udaykiran108
Contributor
Contributor

AIKPRO.LIMITED : <removed> Guangdong Province, China -1 Hong Kong SAR China

1) item [folding picnic table] advertised on Facebook (cool product, good price)

2) I pay 17 item + 9 shipping via PayPal $26

3) shipment arrives and it is a cheap watch!

4) Seller offers small percentage as refund, I refuse.

5) Escalate the complaint in Paypal

5) PayPal state I need to send back, tracked, and the seller has to confirm delivery before a refund will be issued

6) Tracked postage costs more than I’d get in a refund

7) Seller wins..

I end up out of pocket with a broken item that is different in every way (size, materials, quality) from what I ordere, plus I ordered two and didn’t receive them

Then i see many posts with similar fraud & paypal is not doing anything about it.

Paypal is allowing this scam to happen... buyer protection is a lie.!

Login to Me Too
55 REPLIES 55

udaykiran108
Contributor
Contributor

Yeah, I hear you. Facebook is in this too.

For all shopping items they should let users report scams.

Facebook + Paypal + return shipping overseas is the perfect trap & they are minting..

and if you have bank account instead of card that hits you even harder..

I spent $30 on this transaction, i'm mad.

at $200, I feel for you..

next time you see a similar ad, just comment fraud & link it to this paypal conversation

we need to get the word out on this scam.

Login to Me Too

123Cc01
Contributor
Contributor
Yup, just got my watch today (I ordered a SUV/car tent). I wrote to them and got the same response: once you return the watch, we'll send the correct it (yeah right you will!) or keep it and we will reimburse you 40% of what you paid for the item ordered. I smelt a scam, so I Googled the address they gave me and... BAM! I see your postings on PayPal!!
Login to Me Too

kiyonadraper
Contributor
Contributor
Paypal customer service just denied my claim today because I refused to send that garbage back to that fake address that was provided by aikpro.limited. All addresses have a zip code and paypal should know that. This is absolutely ridiculous. If they started blowing the whistle on these scammers by actually returning our money then the scammers would not be using their services.
Login to Me Too

udaykiran108
Contributor
Contributor

I am planning to take this to USPS and see what happens..

I may lose more money on this deal, but I will follow Paypal's instructions and ship it back, if possible.

Would like to get to the bottom of this & post one complete solution to tackle these scammers.

speaking with the customer service reps. all they care is if it is documented that we returned it to the said address.

I will keep you posted..

Login to Me Too
Solved

udaykiran108
Contributor
Contributor

I was able to ship the wrong item back to the seller. [use USPS for cheapest option with tracking]

Once I uploaded all the necessary proof that i shipped it back, PayPal gave me full refund. [within a day]

Later I submitted another claim for return shipping with PayPal & provided same proof.

They approved my claim & credited $30 to my account. [again within a day]

Actual shipping cost was $33.25, but still overall I didn't let the seller win.

This is probably the best solution.

If you want to rub it in to the scammers then you can actually ship empty box.

PayPal closes everything much before the item reaches the seller.

Login to Me Too

Cassielove
Contributor
Contributor
That’s the problem. We shouldn’t have to do all those steps. PayPal continues to work with them. This is ridiculous.
Login to Me Too

udaykiran108
Contributor
Contributor

Agreed. PayPal should have filter that if a buyer gets multiple scam kind of disputes.. they need to be blacklisted.

Also PayPal should give option to the buyer to alert PayPal for scam.

Without these in place, I feel PayPal is encouraging fraudulent behavior.

Login to Me Too

caileneamh
Contributor
Contributor

I have to say, I love this thread - I've been told by paypal yesterday that they will be "investigating" as sellers like these are paypals enemies" 
What a joke. 
But, thank you to the OP - because of you, I'm sending paypal back this info as well.

Login to Me Too

CN123
Contributor
Contributor

Was USPS able to use this address? I was scammed too but Guangdong, China and Hong Kong China are different places. The address doesn't even seem valid.

Login to Me Too

udaykiran108
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, I noticed that too & removed hong kong from the address.

Rest is a valid address & USPS accepted shipment. gave me a tracking.

Once you have this proof, Paypal per policy should & will refund full purchase cost & $30 shipping cost. [if you are signed up for the 'return shipping on us' benefit]

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.