Paypal is Fraud: allowing wrong item being shipped from china scam

udaykiran108
Contributor
Contributor

AIKPRO.LIMITED : <removed> Guangdong Province, China -1 Hong Kong SAR China

1) item [folding picnic table] advertised on Facebook (cool product, good price)

2) I pay 17 item + 9 shipping via PayPal $26

3) shipment arrives and it is a cheap watch!

4) Seller offers small percentage as refund, I refuse.

5) Escalate the complaint in Paypal

5) PayPal state I need to send back, tracked, and the seller has to confirm delivery before a refund will be issued

6) Tracked postage costs more than I’d get in a refund

7) Seller wins..

I end up out of pocket with a broken item that is different in every way (size, materials, quality) from what I ordere, plus I ordered two and didn’t receive them

Then i see many posts with similar fraud & paypal is not doing anything about it.

Paypal is allowing this scam to happen... buyer protection is a lie.!

Login to Me Too
55 REPLIES 55

Valgal65
Contributor
Contributor

I totally agree with everything you posted.. I am currently going through the same process for a purchase I made and received a product completely different from what I ordered. I find out later that this is a continuous ongoing scam, and several of the buyers reported this to PayPal prior to my purchase,  however PayPal is still continuing to allow this seller to scam consumers! Thank you for the information on reporting this to the FTC, I will definitely be following that same process! PayPal needs to be held accountable , and perhaps even a class action suit to make them understand that they cannot assist scammers by defrauding consumers!

Login to Me Too

Fernando_sc
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same problem with AIKRO. Those bastars are a fraud. Paypal are the same fraud lately...

Login to Me Too

udaykiran108
Contributor
Contributor

Follow my above solution above.

signup for the 'Mailing on us' benefit.

go to USPS & ship it back.

use cheapest option with tracking. There is something called registered mail.

you will get your money back & shipping payment back too from paypal.

Login to Me Too

Mv21
New Community Member
I got scammed too for the same exact item. Sounds like i shouldn't even bother sending it back.
Login to Me Too

kiyonadraper
Contributor
Contributor
I refused to send it back and paypal closed my claim. After they close it there's really no chance of you getting any money back unless you ask the seller. There's a chance they might completely ignore you cause they have already won the dispute or offer you a partial refund.
Login to Me Too

udaykiran108
Contributor
Contributor

Actually, i recommend you sending it back. you can recover most of the money spent.

See my solution above.

Login to Me Too

TheDogHaus
Contributor
Contributor

<removed>. Same happened to me, maybe FB & IG needs to stop posting ads, what happened to ad free internet and YouTube videos. I too had the same issue, and they told me to email them, I did they wanted me to send it back to address above, but the won't refund me shipping. Oh, no-no, that was your fault for sending the BS package. I file dispute on PayPal, PayPal talks to them and they say the same send it back to get fill refund (no mention of shipping cost), I refuse then they offer for just over half the price I paid, they will refund me $23 & I could keep the item, UM-NOOO! I don't want your cheap piece of poop, dollar store scam crap. I refuse again, and now it becomes a stand still face off like the old west, until I call PayPal again and talk with them the email they sent me returns the product to a different address and PayPal will refund me up to $30 in shipping. I go to USPS pay $27.95 to ship to address that paypal provided, not the address above that the company itself told me to send it to. I come home,try to fill out & find the refund shipping thing and end up calling PayPal. Had the worst experience with someone that sounded in or from Phillipines, who insisted if I couldn't find it, it didn't exist or had expired. I said no, it was there and I couldn't find it, eventually I ask to speak to her manager, and then wait on hold a total of 20 min, till she finally supposedly got him on the line, then goes to transfer me, and puts me on hold insisted of so called transferring, and I wait 10 min more and my anger gets higher. Then I call back, get a nice girl, sounding like she lives in America and maybe the midwest, I tear up with frustration and explain my dtory and experience. And she....she...says that that angers her when she hears that people said that, all they had to do was...TAKE MY TRACKING NUMBER AND ENTER IT IN. So she does and sends me an email. Niw I have to wait for the tracking number to be delivered. Thats my next worry... what if it isn't, because the address is BS like the other address above, what if they say they never received it, thats how this scam goes around & around. However, she did credit me, to PayPal credits, the $ for my shipping, so now my only battle remains that they get their cheap crap back and I get my hard earned $. What's so ridiculous is that my total was $43.97, they wanted me to send it to them sans shipping payment, which would have cost me $27.95, or I can keep the item and the refund me for $23.....this all seems scammy. Any business that sends the WRONG CRAP.. should make it better by sending correct product or refund. On Amazon, I purchased something & got the wrong thing, and i wanted my $ back for false advertising and wrong item and they refunded me everything including shipping, and told me to keep the cheaply made, incorrect item. I donated it to the salvation army store, but hey...they made right. Amazon seems like they don't play. Why does paypal, want so much drama, and obviously this happens a lot. STOP DOING BUSINESS WITH THESE PEOPLE...easy. I have purchased from IG or FB ads before, and mostly they are ok. Some are cheaply made or slightly different that in the ad. But I have never gotten the wrong thing, I ordered 2 digital wireless air pump, and got 2 manual ones, the real one was all black, the crap i got was black & blue and came with a bunch if straps & other junk. While I was just supposed to have the product & charging cord.

Login to Me Too

caileneamh
Contributor
Contributor

I'm with you there, I've started reporting every single ad I see for the item I got scammed with now. I'm wondering if FB will soon ban me for over-reporting lol 

Login to Me Too

Td24
Contributor
Contributor
I ordered 2 chairs from a shell company shopgirl.com ( which is actually aikpro ) Chinese company. $15 a chair 9 shipping. I got 2 yard sale watches in the mail 4o days later randomly. No shipping receipt or phone notification. I finally emailed the sender & they said my chairs were delivered a couple weeks ago. That’s when it hit me I was scammed. They wanted the post office records, proof of what I ordered ect. Luckily I screenshot all my orders. I sent them all the information and I argued with China for 17 emails to get $20 of $ 39 back. Lesson for me is, buy it at the store!! & if the price is too good it’s a scam..........anyone want to buy a watch 😳
Login to Me Too

kiyonadraper
Contributor
Contributor
No thanks I have 2 watches already 😆😑
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.