Paypal inaccurately "Permanently limited" my business account

tdrex720
Contributor
Contributor

I have been selling/buying on Paypal since January, 2015 with a high customer satisfaction and flawless account history with Paypal, inc. On January 31st Paypal decided to 'Permanently limited'  plus to a 180 day fund hold on my long time Paypal Businesses account for selling two counterfeit items on my ebay account. Both of the items were a set of Supreme chopsticks and a Supreme winter face mask that were both originally purchased from a ebay seller, with positive feedback ratings. These sellers technically broke eBay's and Paypal's terms & conditions plus user agreements for selling me counterfeit items thru eBay and using PayPal to accepts payments. I sold both of these items on my ebay account with assuming both item were indeed 100% authentic Supreme product since sellers both described items as they were authentic Supreme products. Now I am the one who is being unfairly punished for trusting eBay's an Paypal's policies to only sell 100% authentic product that I purchased from other sellers on ebay. I take this very seriously since I built a business for myself selling mens streetwear clothing that provides me with my primary income while being a full time college student. If PayPal can't resolve this and take all limitations off my account I will have no choice but to take legal action against PayPal. I would give everyone advice to please! stay as far away as possible from all Paypal's services since they can easily limit your account any moments for inaccurate reason just like I unfortunately am experiencing.  

If anyone has any sort of supportive advice to share please! do. 

Thank you! for taking the time to read my horrible experience I'm dealing with.  Peace 

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@tdrex720

Good luck with your legal action when you sold fake goods.

The responsibility for checking your items are genuine is on you and not on 'other' Ebay sellers you bought the items from.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

tdrex720
Contributor
Contributor

the same goes for the eBay seller I purchased them from.  I trusted eBay's & Paypal's terms & conditions for selling counterfeit merchandise when I purchased these two item from eBay sellers.  I am the one who is unfairly punished. 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@tdrex720

Those sellers were lucky, they were not caught out.

If you trusted Ebays terms and conditions then you never read them...............

EBay does not have possession of anything listed or sold through eBay, and is not involved in the actual transaction between buyers and sellers. The contract for the sale is directly between buyer and seller. eBay is not a traditional auctioneer.

While we may provide pricing, postage, listing and other guidance in our Services, such guidance is solely informational and you may decide to follow it or not. eBay does not review users' listings or content. While we may help facilitate the resolution of disputes through various programmes, eBay has no control over and does not guarantee the existence, quality, safety or legality of items advertised; the truth or accuracy of users’ content, listings or feedback; the ability of sellers to sell items; the ability of buyers to pay for items; or that a buyer or seller will actually complete a transaction or return an item.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

tdrex720
Contributor
Contributor

Sir, I highly doubt you have carefully read Paypal's "restricted activities" section of Paypal's terms & and conditions.  It Cleary states selling counterfeit goods and Providing false, inaccurate or misleading information, would breach all of Paypal's user agreements that you agree to when you signed up for PayPal.  on that hand I should not be the one thats penalized since I was scammed from the sellers on ebay I purchase from.  

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@tdrex720b

The copy / paste I gave you was from EBAYS site.

Ebay and Paypal are 2 separate companies.

So Ebay are not responsible in 'vetting' auctions and can only respond if a violation is reported to them.

Hence my answer above.

Paypal is a payment processor so if your seller was reported then maybe Paypal would have limited their account.

That does not take away your responsibility in making sure the items you are selling are not fake.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.