Paypal holds my money till I send another Steam Wallet gift card for Paypal charges!

Stevenh89

Hello,

I sold a item on eBay for 180€ this week and my costumer was buying the Item plus a Steam wallet gift card worth 200€  + 20€ for the trouble, in total 400€. I send them the pictures needed to the PayPal email so that I get the money from PayPal that there have on hold. Now Paypal send me a message telling me that I have to send another Steam Wallet gift card worth 100€ for PayPal charges so that there can send me 500€. 

I dont understand why I have to buy another 100€ steam wallet gift card as PayPal charges so that I get 500€.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Stevenh89 

You are being scammed, paypal NEVER tell you to send gift cards to buyers before you get paid.

No funds in your balance = you have been paid NOTHING and the scammer just wants that gift card code.

Once you have been scammed they will try it again.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Stevenh89 

You are being scammed, paypal NEVER tell you to send gift cards to buyers before you get paid.

No funds in your balance = you have been paid NOTHING and the scammer just wants that gift card code.

Once you have been scammed they will try it again.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.