Paypal holding money after delivery of goods

babylon65
Contributor
Contributor

Hi everyone I recently sold some goods on ebay and sent them special delivery Royal Mail to buyer after he had paid money into paypal I tried to withdraw money to bank account £500 and it showed up as pending which is fair enough I received notification of delivery with pic of signature from Royal Mail but the buyer denies receiving or signing for the parcel so I am a little confused as to what happens now?? the payment has now been cancelled so do I just lose out or try to claim from the post office who claim item delivered and they have  a signature. Any help is much appreciated as it appears to me that the process is simply not safe and if people just deny signing for things then sellers simply lose out 

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor
I'm a little confused by the payment status. Did the payment come to you as COMPLETED or PENDING?

Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

babylon65
Contributor
Contributor

Hi payment came to me as completed but withdrawing to bank was pending which has now been cancelled by paypal

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@babylon65

If you have trackable proof of delivery of the item to the buyer then you should be fine.

However if the item was lost in the post then you would need to refund the buyer and claim from your delivery company.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

babylon65
Contributor
Contributor
Hi the parcel was sent special delivery and was signed for and post office say gps matches address but recipient Denys signing or receiving parcel
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.