Paypal helps fraudsters ripoff consumers

kargesphoto
Contributor
Contributor

I recently purchased an item(battery powered surfboard) for $89.99 off of a Facebook ad that offered payment through Paypal, which I incorrectly assumed might give me some sort of protection against fraud. It became immediately apparent that the transaction was a scam, as my order page disappeared, and I received no response from the "customer service" gmail address. I immediately reported the suspected fraud to Paypal, who proceeded to look into the transaction that a 3rd grader could indentify as a fraud, but of course Paypal launched into their lengthy evaluation, postponing a decision over and over again. 

In the meantime, I received a package in the mail. It was a $5 blow-up child's pool toy, obviously sent from the seller to satisfy Paypal's need to see that a tracking number was furnished and a product was sent. But of course there was NO WAY WHATSOEVER for me to communicate with PayPal that I had received the wrong item. Paypal simply saw that an item was shipped, and proceeded to deny my case and close it, preventing me from pursuing it any further. I wonder how many other people were ripped off by this seller.

WHAT A PATHETIC JOKE THIS COMPANY IS. And as far as I am concerned, they are aiding and abetting fraud and criminal activity. I will be closing my account, and have reported this to the California Attorney General's office.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Yaseenodeh
Contributor
Contributor
I don’t know how to contact PayPal customer service. I sold 2 items at eBay , the next thing I saw is my account at PayPal is negative. I never bought any thing using pay pal. Why my account is negative. Can you please help me contact PayPal my email is Thank you very much
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.