Paypal has stolen my money :(

notafiliakp
Contributor
Contributor

The buyer opened a case for not receiving the purchased item.

I have provided the tracking number.

The buyer added the message also with the tracking number:

"The seller mailed the order with a tracking number: RE********. It never arrived, however, and the USPS post office is not able to provide any additional information. The seller (who is professional and honest: I purchased from him before a number of times) hasn’t received the letter back either."

The tracking is OK. At USPS.com the last status is "OUT FOR DELIVERY".

Paypal says: "proof of delivery details provided could not be verified."

So my money is lost...

What can I do in this situation?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@notafiliakp 

PayPal has not stolen your money. Buyer claimed they did not receive item and their claim seems valid, even though the buyer is jumping the gun just a bit, so the money is on hold right now.

"Out for delivery" does not mean "Delivered". Tracking status has to say "Delivered".

Keep an eye on the tracking to see if it changes to delivered, and can even sign up for tracking updates via mobile or email at USPS.com when you track the number.

If tracking updates to "delivered", see if you can appeal the case in the resolution center or by calling customer service:

Log on, click HELP on top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US.

Or contacting via social media:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter: @AskPayPal

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.