Paypal has no Fraud Protection Protocol ???????

acousticide
New Community Member

Someone got access to my account and added a Debit card in another state, they then PAID me multiple payments of $300 each, and then transferred them all to the debit card...... so the account is $0 balance, right??... THEN, they requested a refund for ALL the transactions, and INCOMPETENT PAYPAL issued (16) $300 refunds without notifying me about it at all, or even investigating the claim. NOW they are calling me to collect the $4000 negative balance.

I have been a paypal member since the beginning, and they think I operated this scam to get $4000. How can they not DETECT THIS OBVIOUS FRUAD. I have been on the phone with about 12 people for hours.... and the last guy says that yes, it looks fraudulent and he will call me back personally. They NEVER call me or email me about anything.... EXCEPT to collect the money. And the collection dept. says the case is resolved..... LEAVING THE NEGATIVE BALANCE.

A "real" bank shuts down my credit card when one odd transaction happens, and paypal cant recognize fraudulent activity.

Any advice on which department can fix this...

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Cristina

Hi @acousticide,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our Community Help Forum!

I am sorry about your issue. Please try contacting customer service by phone by clicking Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website and then Call us, or reach out by PM on Facebook or DM on Twitter.

I hope this helps.

Cristina

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.