Paypal has limited my account because I opened it before I was 18 now I am 27 :\

avimorde
New Community Member

Well yesterday, after 15 years paypal asked me to provide a document ID  of my self. I sent it to them and today I got a message that my account is limited because according to there info, it was created before I was 18. Now I am 27 and I use paypal every day... I don't care to open a new account and start everything from zero the only problem is that I have arround 50$ in my limited account balance  now and I can't seem to be able to send it to my bank or do anything with it. Is it true? This money really lost and paypal took it for there on good? What is going on with paypal? 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@avimorde 

As it was an illegal account then once paypal become aware that it was opened when you were under 18 then they have to limit it.

If they have said you can open another account then you can. Then contact them and ask them to help you transfer the funds to your new account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.