Paypal has failed to lift wrongfully placed account limitations. Any workarounds?

nkmoutafis
Contributor
Contributor

My account had limitations set on it because a friend sent me money as a business transaction when it was just a personal matter. I refunded the transaction hoping it would rectify the situation but it did not. I called Paypal and the customer service person promised to fix it and email me updates along the way as it may be a multi-week process. It's been 6 weeks, I have received no emails, and my account is still limited. I called again today and have been hung up on twice. Has anyone had a similar experience and gotten around it (ie created a new account, deleted current account and recreated it, moved to competitor)?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sirshaun
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, I have had the same issue.  I had two transactions placed in the pending category after making a withdrawal to my account. I then called in to find out what the issue was because I needed to pay  bills and buy equipment to run my business.  The customer service rep asked my what my transaction amounts were and dates for verification.  Once given they put me on hold told me the security department will take care of it and hung up on me.  I then called back and was hung up on two more times.  I have sent in all the info they have requested and I am still waiting for a reply. I have gone through the community forums and online chats and found that this is a common practice by Paypal. This experience has been horrible and I don't recommend using this service if your business needs to be liquid.  

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.