Paypal has been holding my money ($9k) for 8 Months now..

Track-Parts
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

My name is Ryan.

Hopefully someone can help me here as I'm losing my patience.

I will start from the beginning and try to keep it short.

I created an account somewhere around 2000 if memory serves me,

I had an eBay account that I sold my used motorcycle race parts on which I named TrackParts..so I named my paypal name the same thing.

This was at a time in Paypals history that they didn't require an identification or anything to have an account...simply create a user name and link a bank account and you're up and running.

Fast forward to Dec of 2019. They have decided that this name, because it's not my actual name, is a business. Although there has never been business use or anything of the like ever conducted. So they want me to change it to a business account. And have frozen my account!!

After explaining to them this is not a business nor has it ever been, they say I have to change it to a business account anyway. So just to appease them and get my money unlocked I attempt to do this for them. Accept...there is no DBA license I can provide nor anything that even resembles anything to give them as supported documents.

I talked to a million people there up to the manager and he states.."there is nothing we can do ..the money will be on hold for 180days..at that time we'll email you how to get your money".

I kept calling and calling to exhaustion because I was unwilling to accept this as an answer.. but they won..I got nowhere.

Now it has been 8 months.. no email.. no communication.. no one will answer the phones there..it just hangs up on me after a few prompts.

Can someone help me?

I'm beyond agitated at this point

Thank you 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Track-Parts
Contributor
Contributor

subscribed

Login to Me Too

Track-Parts
Contributor
Contributor

TTT

No one has any advice? this is crazy

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.