Paypal got this dispute resolution VERY WRONG and now I'm angry

PW2795
New Community Member

I ordered and paid for 2 x BBQ smokers (see website screenshots). I sent Paypal a copy of the invoice too!

I received face masks (see photo)

I raised a dispute with Paypal and sent them all my proof and they denied my claim as the item "is materially similar to the seller's description, we do not consider it to be significantly not as described" - and they closed the case

I am so angry. How could Paypal get this so wrong?

If there is anyone from Paypal on this forum PLEASE SORT THIS OUT - CONTACT ME BY PHONE!WEBSITE SCREENSHOTWEBSITE SCREENSHOTWEBSITE SCREENSHOTWEBSITE SCREENSHOTImage.jpeg

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

perplexed_user
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

What? A face mask is "materially similar" to a BBQ smoker? What are they smoking I wonder. This would be hilarious if it were in a movie. It is so unbelievable that you have to keep a record of the communications between you & PP.

Let's start a gofundme or something to collect some money (I'm in) and then publish this dispute and PP's findings in the LA Times or something like that. How much would that take? Say even at $1000, I'll bet we can get at least 100 (or more) people to contribute $10 each, to expose PP's complicity (to put it mildly) with scammers.

FYI, I also was sent 2 masks, and I ordered RC helicopter. Luckily I got my refund wihtout having to send crap back (to an address turned out to be bogus anyway).

@PW2795 

Your story is the best I heard so far regarding PP's blinded & one-sided favoritism toward sellers. Smoker similar to face mask, that's a gem.

Login to Me Too

perplexed_user
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Bumped. More people need to be aware of this case.

Login to Me Too

perplexed_user
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@PW2795 

I wish you would take PP to small claims court over this, it's should be a slam dunk case. And it would serve to publicize the tremendous wrong PP has been perpetrating.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.