Paypal escalation

Frecchia
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, I've opened a dispute on Paypal for an ebay refund. I was in touch with the seller via ebay messages and he suggested that I escalate the dispute. 
I don't want to do it if that means not receiving a refund. Any recommendation on what do to?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Frecchia 

Paypal has nothing to do with the dispute stage, thats between you and the seller to negotiate if you want to.

However if you don't want to or the seller is not responding then just escalate to a claim for paypal to get involved.

Make sure you put as much information into the dispute stage via 'sending a message to the seller' that paypal may read if its a SNAD dispute and then paypal will make a judgement call.

If you don't escalate then it will time out at 20 days post opening. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Frecchia 

https://www.paypal.com/uk/smarthelp/article/FAQ2337

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Frecchia
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks for the article, I was wondering based on what evidence PayPal is going to evaluate the claim as I haven't talked with the seller via PayPal.
Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Frecchia 

Paypal has nothing to do with the dispute stage, thats between you and the seller to negotiate if you want to.

However if you don't want to or the seller is not responding then just escalate to a claim for paypal to get involved.

Make sure you put as much information into the dispute stage via 'sending a message to the seller' that paypal may read if its a SNAD dispute and then paypal will make a judgement call.

If you don't escalate then it will time out at 20 days post opening. 

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Dinnycull
Contributor
Contributor

just wondering how do you do the escalation as have a dispute going on, but asked the seller a question and hasn't been answered and time is running out so want to escalate it when the time comes, thanks

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Dinnycull 

https://www.paypal.com/ie/smarthelp/article/FAQ932

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Tonyrubbo
New Community Member
Where is submit button?
Login to Me Too

Dinnycull
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks so much 😀
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.