Paypal does not resolve my dispute

TTClub
Contributor
Contributor

Hello.

On June 7th I started a dispute against a seller and sent all the information that paypal asked me about it. On June 9th I got an email from paypal telling me the following:

Dear XXXXX,

Thank you for contacting Customer Service, my name is Adriana and it's a pleasure to help you today. I understand your concer is related to the dispute case  PP-D-XXXX6640.

XXXX, after reviewing the case the seller has 17 days to reply,  we can't suspend the time for this procesedure. Thank you for your patiencie in this matter, I understand the importancy of resolving this inconvenience the soon as possible.

If the seller, didn't summit the answer, I'll be happy to complete the process and make you the full refund.

For me was a pleasuire to help you today provinding update information related to your dispute case. Thank you for choose PayPal as your prefer payment method, hope have a lovely day.

Honestly,
Adriana

However, after that email, what paypal has done is to constantly move the date of resolution of the dispute.

Initially the dispute would be resolved on June 26th, but no, they moved the date to July 1st, then to July 6th, then to July 11th, then to July 12th, then to July 15th and we are already on July 18th and nobody resolves my case.

The worst thing is that I write to them and they don't answer any of my messages anymore. They just move and move the date of resolution of the dispute each time and do not resolve anything.

One thing to mention is that the same day I started the dispute, the seller wrote to me saying that he had already reimbursed me for the money, then if that is true, Paypal already has the money and for some reason they don't want to give it to me.

Can anyone here please help me with this?

Thank you in advance to anyone who can give me some help in resolving this situation.

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

DanaTbo
Contributor
Contributor

I am having the same problems.  The date of my disputes that have been elevated to claims was also June 7.  These two transactions are consistently being punted to later dates (now supposedly to be resolved by Jul 18 & 24 unless punted further on) by PayPal and there is no way to contact them to speak to a human being on the matter and none of the automated options are appropriate to this issue.  This is very frustrating since I've received fake tracking numbers as well.

Login to Me Too

TTClub
Contributor
Contributor

It's a big problem and I'm sure there must be thousands of people in this situation. I hope someone at paypal does something about it. In my case in the first answer I was given I thought everything would be solved but it was a false alarm and I have been waiting 36 days for the dispute to be resolved and nothing happens yet.

Login to Me Too

TTClub
Contributor
Contributor

Is there anyone in this place who can help, or is this just a community to complain about and nothing more?

Login to Me Too

Metalpants
Contributor
Contributor

Same, bloody nightmare. i have lost all faith in paypal. i had a similer message to you which is making now look very generic. also i the chat when they do respond asking you to continue to convo. it says conversation closed. therefore the next time you communicate its a different admin. 

absolute nightmare. ripped off by a seller and paypal do nothing 

i am furious and i think this should be brought to the attention in the mainstream as people believe your spends are safe and paypal have your back. 

THEY DONT

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Metalpants 

Paypal don't 'have your back' they give you 'some' buyer protection and the rest is up to you to risk assess your transactions.

If you have been scammed by Chinese web sites / Social Media ads / private sales or whatever then paypal will try and bail you out however in these times of covid and lots of claims you have to wait your turn in the long queue unfortunately.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.