Paypal dispute resolution question - returned merchandise

lenny_hu
Contributor
Contributor

i opened a dispute with a private seller for getting an item that wasnt as described.

paypal asked me to ship it back to him with signature required for a refund.

the first delivery attempt has been made but unsuccessful.

what happens if he never signs for the package or allows the post office to ship it back to me due to him never picking it up from the post office?

will i still get a refund?

thanks in advance

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

eniemi
Contributor
Contributor

If it is not different between countries on PayPal regarding this, you should be getting a refund.

You have done your part and sent it back, the seller has been able to receive the package. If  they refuse to receive it and let it go back to you, you should still be able to receive the refund. This applies at least to when one buy something and does not pick up the item and let it return to the sender.

To be sure I would advice to contact customer support in your country.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

eniemi
Contributor
Contributor

If it is not different between countries on PayPal regarding this, you should be getting a refund.

You have done your part and sent it back, the seller has been able to receive the package. If  they refuse to receive it and let it go back to you, you should still be able to receive the refund. This applies at least to when one buy something and does not pick up the item and let it return to the sender.

To be sure I would advice to contact customer support in your country.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.