Paypal dispute process

MillieR
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal have made an unlawful decision about a dispute - I have proof items not sent or received but charged and Paypal ruled in sellers favour on a technicality of not responding in 3 days.  They've disregarded the sellers own words that they claim to have sent a part shipment (which never arrived) - but are still awarded full order costs by Paypal - how does that work?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MillieR 

7.2 Eligibility Requirements.

a. To be eligible for PayPal Buyer Protection you must meet all of the following requirements:

• Your payment must be for an eligible item and made from your PayPal Account (see Section 7.3 for further details on item eligibility)
  • Open a Dispute within 180 Days of the date you sent the payment – then follow the online dispute resolution process described below under "Dispute Resolution"
  • You must respond to PayPal’s request for documentation and other information in a timely manner
  • Have an Account in good standing
  • You have not received a recovery related to such purchase from another source

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MillieR 

7.2 Eligibility Requirements.

a. To be eligible for PayPal Buyer Protection you must meet all of the following requirements:

• Your payment must be for an eligible item and made from your PayPal Account (see Section 7.3 for further details on item eligibility)
  • Open a Dispute within 180 Days of the date you sent the payment – then follow the online dispute resolution process described below under "Dispute Resolution"
  • You must respond to PayPal’s request for documentation and other information in a timely manner
  • Have an Account in good standing
  • You have not received a recovery related to such purchase from another source

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

MillieR
Contributor
Contributor
You’re missing the point supposed Esteemed Advisor - Paypal can’t hide behind policy in terms of a rediculously short response time of just 3 days & have facts in the case that they choose to ignor - to put it more bluntly - u can’t possess an email from the seller where they confirm not all items sent & then award them full payment - u cannot b charged for items not supplied - get it!?!?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MillieR 

But they can rely on their T & C, that is what they are for and are LEGALLY AGREED in every country.

So you lost the dispute, you can know either sort it with your card issuer if you funded your paypal payment that way OR private legal action.

You CAN be charged for items you did not get IF you negate your buyer protection in some way...  get it?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

MillieR
Contributor
Contributor
Actually t’s & c’s can’t be relied upon irrespective of any acceptance if they are unlawful in their application - the order is law, then a co’s t’ & c’s - so the higher order is a charge for no consideration which is unbundling in nature & therefore unlawful - no consideration - no contract! T’s & C’s no longer of any relevance. So just advising others that u still have options to take the matter up wIt’s PayPal who in that situation have fraudulently released a payment against ur stored card for items they knowingly knew where not provided.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MillieR

🤣

Now you are resorting to waffle.

Legal contracts are legal contracts and unless you challenge them in a court of law then you abide by them.

You didn't, so you lost, end of, bye.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

MillieR
Contributor
Contributor
Suddenly siding with me that legal is ahead of co t’s & c’s - I’d be exiting too if I were u - perhaps avoid giving advise on these forums in future where it’s not very useful - c ya! 😴
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MillieR 

More waffle, best you stop digging.

😁

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.