Paypal dispute not finding in my favour for fake goods, wrong advertising and threatening emails....

milesg_007
Contributor
Contributor

Case - PP-D-81065500

Bought a pair of earpods from a Facebook advert.  Looked good, promised 3 hrs run time, noise cancelling, renaming etc.  They were £35.  Seemed fair so I ordered.  They arrived.  Didn't connect the way they should have, could not rename, lasted less than 50 mins, basically very poor.   Got offered derisory $6 and then $8 refunds.   I rejected and put my faith in paypal as these were obviously not what was ordered, did not work and were basically, trash.  I even sent paypal the threatening email I was sent by the seller when I said I would raise with paypal.   

Paypal found not in my favour.

I feel massively aggrieved, conned and hardly supported by Paypal.   This is part of why buyers use PayPal, for protection.

Can I appeal?   

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@milesg_007 

Sadly that protection is not a 100% coverall and is very limited, you need to read up on it and then risk assess your transactions.

China web sites and Social Media ads (again usually China) means poor quality or tat in my experience.

Paypal buyer protection for SNAD doesn't normally deal with quality of goods, only if you ordered one thing and received a completely different thing.

If you funded your purchase via a credit card with paypal then see if your card issuer will help you with a chargeback?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

milesg_007
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you very much. Pretty poor show though really!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.