Paypal denying a dispute case due to extremely careless review

sjcsophie
Contributor
Contributor

Please note here. For the same transaction, this seller Jacqueline [removed], provided two different tracking numbers on Paypal and on Heroine, the site where I made the purchase.

Heroine sent me the tracking number email first so I have kept using that tracking number, and found that the item was delivered to a wrong address yesterday. I have no idea where that address comes from. Both my address on paypal and on Heroine are the correct one. 

Paypal sent me an email with a different tracking on November 7th saying its shipped. And after I clicked open that tracking, it says the item was delivered already on November 5th, after I made the purchase on the night of November 4th. I doubled checked both my mailbox and my package center and found nothing. Especially, the item I purchased is a pair of quite high boots, which I'm sure would be no way to fit into a MAILBOX, as has said on the tracking status. 

Now I have received nothing from the seller at all. and Paypal thinks the item is "successfully" delivered to my place.

The seller is clearly a fraud and I believe I deserve a full refund for this fraud transaction.

heroine tracking.pngpaypal email date.pngpaypal tracking.jpgScreen Shot 2020-11-16 at 14.27.44.png

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@sjcsophie 

APPEAL

To submit an appeal on the dispute that was closed, PayPal asks that you obtain a detailed report from the shipper/courier (on their letterhead or some other form of official stationary) that includes the address the seller gave them for the shipment. Or one that includes a statement mentioning your address and saying the item was delivered to a different address.
Check tracking in below link to see where it went.
https://www.17track.net/en

When you have that, contact PayPal via phone (log on to your account and click Contact at the bottom of the page, however that may not be an option at the moment due to covid), or via Facebook (send a Private Message to PayPal) or via Twitter (send a Direct Message to @AskPayPal) and say you want to appeal the denial of the dispute based on the shipper saying the item was delivered to a different address. Once it's submitted (you will be provided with directions on how to do that), the dispute will be reviewed further and a determination will be made.

You also have the option to contact your card issuer if you funded your paypal payment that way and see if they will do a chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.