Paypal denied unauthotised payment to shopto.net

bluedove19
Contributor
Contributor

My story starts with a company shopto.net. I didn't even know they existed in this world until yesterday when under category "Entertainment" someone purchased £30 worth of items. That were my whole savings for this week due to not work as staying home due to Covid 19. Cut long story short quickly changed password put 2F authentication on my account and contacted shopto.net - they were rude and tell me to go away they have nothing to do with this payment etc or can give me any advise or help. Left with no money so contacted Paypal and they on their messaging service made me wait for 3 hrs atleast and then told me same story your claim is denied as payment is authorised. I have literally begged to adviser that these are all my savings so help me and been informed there is nothing that can be done. 

Appeal will be denied for sure so how on earth this company claims to be world best when they cannot detect fraud payment. I am left with no option but to wait until next week to go back to work. Shameful and disgusting the way they treated me. 

I am so disappointed with this overall experience. 

Anyone can suggest anything to do in this situation.

Thanks

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PotpotHo
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee
Hi @bluedove19, did you file dispute as unauthorized charged? Because that might be the reason it got denied? Have you receive the item you ordered? If not you may file dispute as item not received. You may refer to this link. https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/i-didn't-receive-my-item-or-it's-different-than-describe... Thank you.
Login to Me Too

bluedove19
Contributor
Contributor

Okay here I am again. It has been over a month now and going through multiple Paypal chats as phone calls are not available. Spoken to nearly two dozen advisers on chat and all putting this in seller favour. I asked for email used to pay for this shopping and been advised some sort of Playstation code was purchased from this seller. I have no playstation and never made an account on Shopto.net still they refusing this. Oddly when I raised this with paypal and they promised to raise this as "item not received" because my initial claim for "unauthorised payment" was unsuccessful - adviser at Paypal assured me that this will get the refund back-shopto.net send me an email to review item? how is this possible ?

This is definitely known by SHopto.net and PAypal as potential fraud but Paypal is not helping me at all. I have asked for escalation, review and even to speak to someone at Paypal they make wrong promises and never get back. Its my hard earned money and taken away by scammer and very sad Paypal didn't help me. I will keep raising this until someone hear and resolve this matter

Is there anything else I can do?

Please advise. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.