Paypal denied my unauthorised transaction claim

Coldste101
Contributor
Contributor

So last night Thursday 17th, I received an email from Ubereats saying my password had been changed and a new log in. I then got a bill from PayPal saying I had authorised a payment of $59.57 CAD, roughly £40.00 in Sterling. Now I didn’t know about any of this as the emails came in at 8:30pm and I didn’t check my emails until 9:45pm. I’m based in the UK and did not authorise the payment. I contacted Ubereats and they’re trying to sort it on there side. I put a claim in the resolution centre, PayPal though have reviewed the case and decided that the transaction was authorised. I can’t even appeal the case. How on earth can I have authorised it when my Ubereats account was hacked?

To be safe I’ve removed my card from PayPal, changed my PayPal password and set up 2 factor authentication. 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Coldste101 

There are times when its your responsibility if your account was used for unauthorised transactions ie if you let another account get hacked that leads to your paypal account OR you answer a spoof email and give away your log in details etc.

So read up on unauthorised in paypals user agreement as it does not cover you for everything.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.