Paypal denied my unauthorised transaction claim for a scam transaction

beebear77
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal denied my claim when I lodged a unauthorised transaction claim - there's a transaction on my account that when i googled the name it came up as a scam - I have no idea what the "item" is that I supposedly bought and I have nothing to find out - no emails saying I purchased anything. There's a shipping number but the link doesn't work. It was back on 3rd September so I don't know what this "item" is that I supposedly bought nor do I have it. But I now can't open any more claims on this transaction its absolute crap so much for Paypals so called "buyer protection"!!

Just got an email back from the "help desk" it wasn't even read by a person I got a robot reply. Load of bull.

Login to Me Too
85 REPLIES 85

D22iway
Contributor
Contributor
How did you go about that? I would like some help as PayPal didn't fix my issue either
Login to Me Too

Shabzzz1
Contributor
Contributor
Hey what exactly did you write?...because I've been trying to get their attention for 3 days now and I definitely won't stop until they refund me my money!
Login to Me Too

beebear77
Contributor
Contributor

Wow I can't believe how many people are having the same issue - Paypal should be looking at this and saying that's not right (but I bet they don't). These small amounts that people are able to take out of our Paypal accounts are how people scam others - they take small amounts from everyone and it adds up for them - they'll just keep doing that as long as they get away with it. Paypal are basically allowing that to happen and should be wiser. I agree the Buyer protection is an absolute joke - Paypal don't have their customers backs at all. I don't leave any cards linked to Paypal anymore so I can't get charged for things I didn't buy (funnily enough I had to do the same thing with the Microsoft X-box account) - I put my card details in when I want to use Paypal and then delete them again immediately after the transactions done - which is not very often anymore!!

Login to Me Too

flypaper

Someone made two $75 transactions on my account. I filed a dispute stating I did not authorize these transactions. I got an email at 11:25pm stating the case was opened. At 03:25am, only 4 hours later, I received two emails stating my case was denied because the transactions were not unauthorized. WTF PayPal? If I didn't authorize or make the transactions myself, why the hell would I open a case? I am beyond **bleep**. Your protection sucks!!!!!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Donna

Hello flypaper,

Welcome to the PayPal community and thank you for your post.

As your question is very account specific, I would advise you to contact our customer care department who can help you further. You can do this by clicking on the Help and Contact link at the bottom of every PayPal page to check what your contact options are. You can also contact us via our Facebook Page or Twitter @askPayPal.

-Donna

Login to Me Too

DGREEN2
New Community Member

This happened to me on 11/12/19. I filed a dispute for an unauthorized transaction and 15 minutes later an automated email returned saying the dispute was denied. If I am telling Paypal that the merchant confirmed that these are fraud transactions, then Paypal should return my money. I have been a Paypal customer for many years thinking that my purchasing was safe. This is the last year of Paypal use for me, it's pointless. 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Michael

Hi, @DGREEN2. Thanks for taking the time to post your message here on the PayPal Community Forum and for providing your feedback. I'm sorry to hear there's been any difficulty with a transaction you reported as unauthorized.

To best address your concern, it likely will be necessary to ask you to contact PayPal's Customer Service so you can receive direct assistance. To find the phone number for the center that services your region, please log on to your account, click Contact at the bottom of the page, and click Call Us. You may also send a Private Message via Facebook (click Send Message on our page at https://www.facebook.com/paypal) or via Twitter (send a Direct Message to @AskPayPal).

However, if you've been in touch with the merchant, and they have acknowledged the transaction is fraudulent, they should have no problem issuing a refund. Merchant's can do that via the Transaction Details Page in their account. You can see more information at https://www.paypal.com/smarthelp/article/all-about-refunds-at-paypal-faq3248.

I hope this is helpful. Thanks for your patience during this time.

Sincerely,

Michael

PayPal_Michael

Login to Me Too

Shabzzz1
Contributor
Contributor

Did your bank get your money back or were you still unsuccessful with them? if you did get your monies back with process did they use? Does a chargeback guarantee that you'll get your money back?

Login to Me Too

klawpa
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal also denied my claim for a scam transaction.  The reason they denied it is because the seller provided a UPS tracking number showing it was delivered to a "front desk"  in my city (not my actual address).  I filed a claim with UPS and they researched the tracking number.  UPS was unable to locate the package and could not verify it was delivered.  

Login to Me Too

Keclear
Contributor
Contributor

The same just happened to me. A fraudster purchased $500 worth of gift card using my PayPal account. I filed an unauthorized transaction claim with PayPal and they "investigated" only for a few hours, and declined my claim saying it was not unauthorized! No details given! Sure, if you don't want to protect me, just say I'm lying! What's more insulting, it doesn't look like you can further dispute the decision by PayPal. Whatever protection PayPal offers seems to be a total joke!  In fact, it is PayPal that notified me about this fraudulent charge. I got a text message asking me if I made the purchase. I replied "2" which means "No", and an unauthorized transaction claim was automatically filed. And YET, the declined the claim within hours! Why bother asking me!

I have used PayPal for 14+ years and the only time I needed their back, they just slap you in the face.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.