Paypal denied my dispute and give my money to the scammer

wlfmmq
Contributor
Contributor

Hello everyone

Hope you all stay home and stay safe

So here is the thing, I have paid 90 eur to a guy to buy a game account using PayPal, it is through"goods" so there is buyer protection

The seller gave me the email and password, however I still need to phone verification code to get into his email, and he said I need to confirm the delivery, make sure he gets the money (now it is on hold), then he will send me the code

I have to say I am kind of silly because I confirms, then he just never replied me. So I have created a dispute about this transaction, saying I didn't get the goods. That 90 eur has been on hold so the seller messaged me right after, asking me to cancel the dispute and saying he will refund my money, but I know it is a trick.

After 7 days, I got the resolution result by email saying my dispute was denied because the seller has provided the shipment tracking info and it shows it is delivered.

OMG, I am buying a game account and there is no need for the physical shipment, and Ebay just denied my dispute because those fake evidence? I have contacted the PayPal agent and he/she says the result is final, I can't appeal, I provided all the evidence, including our conversation screenshot as well as the face that there is no shipment needed, the agent just saying the game is not protected under buyer protection, and close the conversation on agent's end.

I am so disappointed and so sad, what should I do now? Am I going to just give this 90 eur to this scammer? Why does paypal help scammer?

Please help me, thanks

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@wlfmmq 

I don't know what kind of evidence you gave exactly and if your made it clear to the PayPal agent that the item involved is a digital item, not physical. Did you indicate on the payment what you are buying?

Depending on where the seller is located, all seller may have to provide is:

a) The date the item or service was provided.

b) The recipient’s address (for instance, email/IP) where applicable.

Or an actual tracking number. Or, PayPal doesn't cover digital goods/content as not all countries have coverage for this.

eBay's Money Back Guarantee does not cover digital goods/content.

You can dispute with your card issuer if you paid with credit card. 

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

wlfmmq
Contributor
Contributor

thank you so much for your reply.

I have made it clear to PayPal that it is a game account, and I have provided them with the chat history we had (screenshot)

the fact that PayPal take shipment tracking as the evidence in the case of a digital items and in favor of the seller makes me feel really uncomfortable and mad

the Paypal agent also suggests me to talk to my card issues and file a chargeback, it's first time that I do a chargeback, should I say it's an unauthorized transaction?

Login to Me Too

PotpotHo
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee
Hi @wlfmmq, when you confirm receipt of the item before you can submit it, there is a prompt to inform you that once you proceed it will forfeit the buyer's protection. That is the reason why it got denied. Please communucate thru you Card Company or financial institution to file dispute. Thank you.
Login to Me Too

wlfmmq
Contributor
Contributor

thank you for the reply

I just did file a dispute through my card issuer, but I am afraid that the scammer has already withdrawn the money, so even if I win the dispute, he still got my money 😞

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.