Paypal declined my claim, Why?

Doorguru
Contributor
Contributor

I was searching for a tool for my Volvo. I came across a web site (https://www.wmrbasic.com/)  that had prices 50% lower than everybody else. I was quite pleased and purchased the tool along with a car stereo. I searched the web and could find no info on this company, but the deciding factor to was I could pay with Paypal, who I thought would protect my purchase. Soon after the purchase It was pointed out to me by a friend,  that I had made a mistake. I would never get the items I ordered. I tried contacting the company through their web site and got no reply. They even have fake Facebook, Twitter etc.. links that when clicked on, have no link to their company.  I then started a dispute through Paypal, who denied my claim. I then provided a link to Scamdoc ( https://www.scamdoc.com/whois?id=220553 ) who verified my suspicions. I though this would make it obvious to Paypal that I was dealing with a fraudulent company. I received the same denial of my claim. Why?? What do I have to do to get my $72.00 back? Also I would like to know what happens if I never get my part? Will I be able to open a new claim or be out of luck when my current claim expires? 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Doorguru 

the only way I can see your being denied is if you filed "Unauthorized transaction" claim or if the seller provided shipping info.

Unauthorized transaction is when someone broke in to your PayPal account and did something without your permission. That didn't happen so case denied. Has nothing to do with scammers. You'd file either Item Not Received or Significantly Not as Described.

If seller is not shipping your item, then you file an Item Not Received claim. Seller would then provide tracking info, if you take this tracking info to the PO and they verified that the address on the label is not to your street address, ask the PO to provide official documentation of this so you can appeal the case via customer service. Now due to the Coronavirus customer service response will take longer. But since your case is already denied, an alternative is to dispute via credit card if that is how you paid.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Doorguru
Contributor
Contributor

This scam web site is relatively new and since starting my dispute others have started to complain.  I pointed this out to Paypal, but as you mentioned, the reason for them denying my claim is I chose the wrong category. They have agreed to change it to "Item not received". Hopefully this will allow me to get my refund. Thanks again! 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.