Paypal decided against me in a dispute resolution

diablohowes
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I sold an item back in December and the buyer purchased using Paypal. The sale was on a private car forum, not EBay.

It was a custom exhaust manifold for a vehicle not an OEM manufactured part. The buyer claims the item is not as described, I have provided a lot of evidence to show all the high definition photos of the item and the description. It was absolutely clear what the buyer was expecting.

3 months later they have made the claim it's not as described, I submit all the evidence and then paypal decide in the buyers favour despite them not offering any evidence to support their claim other than just to say "not as described".

How do I argue against Paypals decision? they've given no reasoning as to how they've come to this conclusion other than to say "you will refund the £375". How am I supposed to know how to sell differently in the future to avoid essentially having a 6 month cool off period for every single buyer? It's not sustainable to operate like this.

Would appreciate any help with this, although reading through other seller's experience I may as well just give up now and avoid taking paypal payments in the future.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PotpotHo
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee
Hi @diablohowes We are sorry to hear about twhat happened, yo prevent thatbto happen moving forward we suggest to put every detail of the item you are going to sell on the listing. Also please refer to this link to check for the seller peotection. https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full#pp-seller-protection Thank you.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.