Paypal customer service closed to Covid-19

tsiamer76
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

i have tried numerous times to call Paypal customer service,  due to Covid-19 everything is off and cannot reach any agents.

I am not able to add a response to a dispute which i need to provide the tracking number,  i have emailed paypal to no avail.

They mentioned the case will be closed on the 28,  i have sent the item back but cant update the dispute with the tracking number.

Getting Please try again, We're sorry, something went wrong whenver i try to repond to the dispute.

Thanks

Login to Me Too
16 REPLIES 16

standardissue
New Community Member

ABSOLUTELY UNNACEPTABLE. I cannot believe that Paypal is **bleep** it's customers like this. I will be shutting my account down---WHY?---BECAUSE we can't trust this anymore, if sellers and whoever else that gets access to our paypal are able charge us as much as they want with NO accountability, and Paypal is just NOT responding to customers, then we are all F***ed! I called Paypal during business hours and the answering machine says that they are CLOSED DUE TO CORONAVIRUS. So, agents are not even answering calls from home or a limited office---nothing! I can't dispute certain charges through this glitched online system, and can't reach anyone, so MY MONEY IS GONE!

Paypal's website says  "We currently have limited customer service staffing due to Coronavirus (COVID-19) safety precautions"---BULLS**T!--they should be saying "WE HAVE NO STAFFING" so that people stop using paypal…...but INSTEAD, they let us all make charges with Paypal and suffer the consequences AFTER things go bad....UNBELIEVABLE. This should not be allowed. BBB should be shutting this site down until Paypal has proper customer service staffing!---where can we sign a petition, class action suit???--at least let's all report this to BBB (better business bureau)--this is not acceptable. Corrupt companies are profiting from us all making purchases that are going bad, we lose our money and Paypal is closed and doesn't help. This is not legal!

Login to Me Too

Chrisneels
Contributor
Contributor
I am having the same issue. Why are they allowed to "operate" without any employees. I email and email, then sent FB message after message, same damn automated response, email through PayPal and get same response. The money in my account is from the state of Missouri! I uploaded the letter from the state regarding the deposit, ID, bank statement, utility bill. My family and I were moving with that money, now I have 2 wks to move but I guess we are homeless since I cant get any help from PayPal. I did nothing wrong but use PayPal to hold our money. I have contacted BBB and emailed every email I could find for PayPal but I'm stuck too!
Login to Me Too

JGRM
New Community Member
PayPal as a pay service is terrible. If they cannot maintain and protect customers that use their service to pay for products, THEN GO OUT OF BUSINESS AND CLOSE YOUR DOORS. We can deal with our credit card companies to reverse and get refunds. USELESS AND UNPROFESSIONAL. JGRM
Login to Me Too

skybase
Contributor
Contributor

I'm trying to report this cell phone company for a deceptive billing practice, which i have now escalated to a PayPal Dispute which since the company resolved the matter, the dispute was closed, however what they did is not only wrong its illegal and it is being pursued under criminal litigation as I have filed a unauthorized charge under false pretenses or deceptive practices against this company.

I authorized them to authorize paypal, to check my payment method, but it also said due now 0.00 but they took 25.00 as a deposit which in no clear terms anywhere on their site did it say that, and the order check out clearly said due now 0.00 as a result the 25.00 was refunded the order cancelled and now being pursued under the RICO act and unlawful banking processes.

as far as PayPal not having any available staff they haven't since March 18, 2020 and for that concern since PayPal is a financial service, under nCoVID-19 policies on essential services they are required to have some customer facing support. PayPal is defying Executive Orders to remain open under the essential service regulation.

If I have to work as an essential service in both logistics and emergency medicine and other money related services have remained opened and providing customer facing support and providing resolutions why can't PayPal do it.

Since I work for Elon and SpaceX I will ask Elon if he can talk to the heads of PayPal to help out with the customer service situation. As Elon is one of the original founders of PayPal.

Login to Me Too

Grumble999
Contributor
Contributor

Been trying to send messages for 5 weeks - Just robot chatbot answers to random questions. FB - No human there either for 10 days. Phone? always on answerphone. 4th time my account has been locked in 1 year - for selling my own services and own software. NEVER an explanation. Latest scam is "Upload proof of address" - but the upload says "We are having technical difficulties - try again later" NEVER works. Paypal are running the exit scam. Annoy you so you walk away and they keep your money. Then close down. SCAMMERS. Before CV19 they admitted to having 9 help staff WORLDWIDE!!.

Login to Me Too

jacob_123
Contributor
Contributor

I had the same problem, there is no way to reach an agent on the phone, after all the verifications, you hear this message "due to covid 19 we're closed" I don't understand why they don't say it straight up and make you waste your time,

but any way... I chatted with an agent via the "message us" option on the website, and after a few days (every message takes a few hours to get answered) 

I explained to the agent that there is no way to call,   
HE FINALLY CALLED ME, thank god! 

Login to Me Too

Scrumback
New Community Member
Is their a contact # for Pay pay to contac you I would like to talk to a person please.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.