Paypal customer service closed to Covid-19

tsiamer76
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

i have tried numerous times to call Paypal customer service,  due to Covid-19 everything is off and cannot reach any agents.

I am not able to add a response to a dispute which i need to provide the tracking number,  i have emailed paypal to no avail.

They mentioned the case will be closed on the 28,  i have sent the item back but cant update the dispute with the tracking number.

Getting Please try again, We're sorry, something went wrong whenver i try to repond to the dispute.

Thanks

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@tsiamer76 

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top OR very bottom of page dependent on what country you are in. Scroll down past the list of help questions and click on 'Call us' bottom of that page. Log in and get the code.
OR
have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
16 REPLIES 16
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@tsiamer76 

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top OR very bottom of page dependent on what country you are in. Scroll down past the list of help questions and click on 'Call us' bottom of that page. Log in and get the code.
OR
have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

tsiamer76
Contributor
Contributor
Hi Kernwlass,

i can see only message us instead of call us,  when messaging is it just automated chat which does not help me.
I have sent a message to facebook and waiting for a reply.  Thanks
Login to Me Too

tsiamer76
Contributor
Contributor

I found it really ridiculus,  sent 3 emails in the last 3 days,  stil no reply.  Seller has the item back and i cannot respond to paypal dispute.

Sent facebook chat still yesterday they said they would come back to me,   still no response. 

Login to Me Too

Katy717
Contributor
Contributor
I am having the same problem. When I finally moved it to dispute level I immediately got an email from PayPal saying the dispute was closed in the sellers favor. I cannot reach anyone. The seller is not responding after three emails and PayPal is closed. How is it that you are accepting funds but are not open to help? I am very concerned that more scam companies are coming online because they know PayPal is not available. This is not good business practice!
Login to Me Too

dankane222
Contributor
Contributor

Agreed! I've been a customer for years and never have had to file a dispute until now.  The tracking number I was finally provided by the seller was for a 30  lb. package, not addressed to me or my address, the item I was expecting was probably less than 2 lbs. I am seriously thinking about closing all my accounts with Paypal, I do not appreciate being hung out to dry.  They have basically shut their lights off and said **bleep** everyone.  HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!

Login to Me Too

Katy717
Contributor
Contributor
I got a tracking number saying the package was delivered a week ago! It was not. PayPal didn’t think that was a good reason and closed the claim.
Login to Me Too

aj2thenba
Contributor
Contributor

This just happened to me as well, I have had scammer sellers give a tracking # that is shipped from China arriving to someone else in my city within 48 hours, there is no way.  I'm thinking an inside job maybe with UPS.  So the tracking # in Paypal's eyes is delivered but was NOT delivered to me.  1 claim I was successful, the other, in favor of seller, I am **bleep**.  I sent documentation from UPS showing it wasn't delivered to me, package sent was 2 lbs, my purchase was for a patio item over 50 lbs.  This is very concerning, I can't reach Paypal or reopen the dispute case as they have closed it.  I think I will dispute via my credit card as that was the backup funding for the item.

Login to Me Too

Katy717
Contributor
Contributor
The Facebook and chat function is not an option to get a live or even virtual worker. Only cookie cutter automated responses.
Login to Me Too

whitefire43
Contributor
Contributor
If PAYPAL can't conduct business as usual even slower they should shut down I need to know if this seller responded to PayPal before they closed the dispute because he won't respond for me
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.