Paypal costing more then advertised price?

NuiSound
Contributor
Contributor

Why did it cost me $50 more using PayPal then what the total price would have been? I'm confused and annoyed because seller wont cancel sale and I definitely don't wanna spend 50 for no reason....

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@NuiSound 

PayPal currency exchange and conversion fee? Or the seller charge you PayPal fee? Or there is a shipping/import taxes to pay when buying from eBay and the seller is using eBay Global Shipping program. Or it could be your funding source charging a foreign transaction fee (check with your card or bank about that).

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

NuiSound
Contributor
Contributor
Hmmm. When people selling on ebay, can they make charge to buyer? If so, that should be advertised. Seller is in same country as me, and shipping was advertised and included in payment, which was for arguments sake 895, and today I check my account and it says 940?
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@NuiSound 

I just put several possible scenarios out there because you didn't provide specific back story of your transaction. The only thing I can think of is that the seller's PayPal account could be a foreign account. 

Contact PayPal (and eBay if that's where you made the transaction) customer service and ask them why:

Log on, click HELP on top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US or other available options.

Or contacting via social media:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter: @AskPayPal

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.