Paypal complicit in China scam by Shenzen Ozhuo and heavenzed com

JayDeeve20
Contributor
Contributor

Saw an ad on Instagram and ordered a puzzle online from Heavenzed.com. Received confirmation email and tracking info. Ordered my puzzle on 6/16 from  and I received a package on July 13th, almost a full month later.  It contained a completely different, inferior quality, puzzle. (some Montmartre landscape) When I tried to contact the seller, it turned out that it has deactivated its website, its order tracking feature and its email associated with the  purchase, basically everything except their Paypal account, which belongs to Shenzhen Ozhuo Technology.

Filed a claim and the seller responded with a 50% refund. I declined. It started to look like a scam to me, and if I couldn't get the original item, I didn't want them to make off with half my money. Now the seller is offering a full refund, but it is contingent on me returning the puzzle I received to China within a week and in the original packaging, knowing full well that complying with the request would cost me more in postage than the cost of the purchase, as I would need to send it by international express. Even if I would do that, I would have no recourse should the seller (which already  has shown itself incapable of ethical behavior) unilaterally decide that the packaging does not qualify as “original”.

It is clear that the seller never intended to sell the original puzzle, or to issue any kind of refund, counting on the buyer to discontinue the case by insisting on an economic Catch-22 as part of the refund offer. In the resolution center, I don't even have the ability to reply to the offer. I can either enter the tracking info or I can drop the case. Those are my only two options. It’s hard to believe that Paypal actively encourages and condones that kind of behaviour by refusing to put a stop to it.

I’ve used Paypal a lot over the years, mainly because I was under the, obviously false, impression that there was some protection afforded to me by using the service. After this experience, I will be looking for alternative payment options available to me. If you had a similar experience, I suggest you do the same.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

Same thing has happened to me I returned the goods which were worthless ,tracked and signed to a cost of a 1/3rd of the goods !

paypal said as soon as they had received there goods I would be refunded in full obviously less my postage costs well I should have just written it of as a once bittenexperiance . PayPal  keep moving the resolution date saying They are reviewing the sellers information . No way to put any input in very frustrating 

Login to Me Too

Poco1
Contributor
Contributor

I am ashamed. PayPal has done this to me 3 times now. I just could not believe it would be a corporations policy- BUT IT IS......

I FEEL THE SAME AS MANY FOLKS ON HERE. I AM SURE IT IS INTO THE THOUSANDS. CAN YOU IMAGINE THE MONEY PAYPAL IS MAKING BY BEING IN BED WITH ALL THE CHINESE SCAMMERS ON HERE? I REALLY THINK THEY SHOULD BE INVESTIGATED BY SOME AGENCY. ANY IDEA WHO?  FCC?

I’ve used Paypal a lot over the years, mainly because I was under the, obviously false, impression that there was some protection afforded to me by using the service. After this experience, I will be looking for alternative payment options available to me. If you had a similar experience, I suggest you do the same.

Login to Me Too

Paul288
Contributor
Contributor

Me too, and I am getting the same PayPal run around. The refund would be $69.96, but to post the two crappy puzzles that I did not order back to China will cost me $61.00! It's particularly frustrating that there seems no way to communicate with an actual human. I am going to be devoting a lot of twitter time to make this aspect of PayPal common knowledge. I am not going to use PayPal again for anything. My credit card offers a much better service and protection.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.