Paypal claim resolved in my favor and seller is contacting me for first time

I bought a used laptop that was described as being in perfect condition. When the laptop arrived, I noticed that the display had issues that would cost $500 to be fixed so I contacted the seller. When the seller did not reply for a week, I filed a dispute through Paypal. When they did not respond to the dispute, I escalated it to a claim. The seller did not reply to the claim and the case was closed in my favor and Paypal issued me a full refund. It has been almost 2 weeks since the case was decided in my favor and the seller is finally contacting me asking for the laptop to be returned. Where do I go from here? I have never filed a Paypal claim, much less a dispute so I don't know if I should return it without contacting Paypal, if I should contact Paypal before returning it, or what to do. 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@missmeinurbones 

Normally if the seller responds to the dispute you have to return the item back to the seller before you get a refund.

But if the seller does not respond then paypal refunds you without having to return it.

If you have a CLEARED refund then as far as paypal are concerned the issue is sorted.

But you could offer to return the item as long as the seller sends you the postage costs to return it OR sends you a shipping label.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.