Paypal claim denied for item not described case

Aliraza2
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, I was wondering if someone has been in the same position as me. I opened a case after purchasing an iPhone X from gumtree a couple of weeks ago. I received an envelope with a paper bag inside it. Seller responded a few hours ago and paypal emailed me asking me to complete a form and to sign an affidavit. Now i tried to fill the form out through my email and had no luck. I then copied and pasted what they asked me to complete, printed it out and took a photo of it. I then uploaded it using the option they gave me in the resolution centre. I also uploaded photos as evidence to show what the seller had sent me. I received an email a few minutes ago saying my claim is denied. I can’t call them now till the morning. Have I done something wrong whilst trying to complete the affidavit? Was this an automated reply? As you can imagine this is very distressing and I am not sure how I will sleep tonight. Thanks
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_April

Hello @Aliraza2

Some reasons why an affidavit may be rejected is if it isn't filled out completely or it wasn't signed. If this is the case, I would suggest submitting an appeal through the Resolution Center. 

-April 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.