Paypal claim case closed but seller kept on emailing me, help!

Mattxanis
Contributor
Contributor

I opened a case on Mar 10th, 2020, SNAD, seller did not respond within the given timeframe, which is 10 days, Paypal closed the case and refunded me on Mar 20th, 2020 since the seller did not respond, now I have my refund but also his item, he is now emailing me and threatening to return the item to him and I have to pay for return shipping, if I don't ship the item back he will file a police report etc. He threatened me that he has contacted paypal about the issue and he has my personal info, name, address etc. I don't know what to do in this situation, the case did not require me to ship back the item since he did not respond on time, so do I need to ship it back to him them? I feel threatened by him and is afraid when I return the item he will do a reverse charge on the case and take the money too, any help is appreaciated, thank you for your time!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

WarrenPink
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hello @Mattxanis

I hope you are doing well! We apologize for this stressful situation. 

I just want to give you assurance that PayPal got your back on this case. The seller failed to respond with the case and it was part of what they signed up that during dispute, if they failed to respond then PayPal will not be able to recover their item and money. On top of it, PayPal don't provide personal information of buyer. You can actually report them to the police for harassment. In terms of the fund, we will never collect that again to you since we decided that the case is in your favor. For the item, don't worry about it as that is now your possession. If you would like to return it at your own expense then you may do it. At the end of the day, the Seller should reach PayPal if they have issues with our decision and they have no legal rights to threaten you. You can also block them on email if you want. I hope this helps! Have a great day ahead. 😊

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

WarrenPink
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hello @Mattxanis

I hope you are doing well! We apologize for this stressful situation. 

I just want to give you assurance that PayPal got your back on this case. The seller failed to respond with the case and it was part of what they signed up that during dispute, if they failed to respond then PayPal will not be able to recover their item and money. On top of it, PayPal don't provide personal information of buyer. You can actually report them to the police for harassment. In terms of the fund, we will never collect that again to you since we decided that the case is in your favor. For the item, don't worry about it as that is now your possession. If you would like to return it at your own expense then you may do it. At the end of the day, the Seller should reach PayPal if they have issues with our decision and they have no legal rights to threaten you. You can also block them on email if you want. I hope this helps! Have a great day ahead. 😊

Login to Me Too

Mattxanis
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you very much Warren! Now I have no more worries!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.