Paypal claim and seller "can't ship"

courtneytip
New Community Member

Hello all! I am trying to figure out what I need to do in this situation. I recently ordered clothing from an online store that seemed very trustworthy - especially when they offered PayPal as payment. However it has been almost two weeks and I have not heard anything from the merchant about my order being shipped, but they have removed the funds from my account. I opened a claim,  thinking PayPal would step in and help, but right now it is just the merchant and I talking. They are speaking in broken English saying that I have to close the claim for them to ship my order. I understand if I close the claim it cannot be reopened, but I do not want to escalate this to PayPal if that Is not necessary. What do we think about this? Is it true that they "can't ship my order" until the claim is closed? Or should I escalate this to try and get my money back. This is not over a small amount, so I really would like my money back... Thanks in advance!

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.