cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paypal charged extra amount

Highlighted
Contributor

Paypal charged extra amount

Hello, on 08th of Sep 20 I made an order from ebay for and item with agreed-upon price of (659.5 GBP), which I paid to the seller with my PayPal account. Then, I was surprised Paypal charged (deducted from my credit card) almost 50 GBP extra charges on the agreed price with the seller, therefore i was billed with a full amount of money of 712 GBP (instead of 659.5 GBP) and I have not received any information for such extra charges.

on the same date, i contacted the seller and he confirmed that he requested Paypal to charge me only the agreed-upon price for the item.

After that, i have contacted ebay customer service who confirmed that Paypal charged only the agreed amount from the seller, while I need to contact Paypal customer service to understand the purpose behind these extra charges.

Later, I opened a dispute on the purchased item from ebay and requested Paypal for an explanation for the extra charges which can be a fee's mistake by Paypal or might be wrong currency conversion by Paypal itself. Unfortunately, Paypal did not give any clear explanation for the extra charges and they have closed the dispute by return only 0.5 GBP, which is unreasonable refund for the 50 GBP extra charges, and i was unable to raise the case to a claim.

Please, who do i request Paypal again to give a clear explanation for REASONS to deduct extra charges (712 GBP from my credit card for an item cost 659.5 GBP)? Any email i can use to send my case to Paypal? Any advice please?

Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
New Community Member

Re: Paypal charged extra amount

Hi, I have quite same issue.

I was buying blizzard game WoW:Shadowlands for about 99.99 EUR. In the moment of paying the bill, there was no extra information about conversion to other currency or something like that, in the payment window was just 99.99 EUR to pay, my credit card also in EUR currency.

What paypal did is charged me instead for 123.22 USD and its 107.95 EUR in the moment of conversion, so my back account was overcharged with 7.96 EUR.

The transaction on paypal summary displays as 99.99 EUR charge, for what hell they charged me in USD with my credit card? What to do? Who will refund me the 7.96 EUR?

Thank you

Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Paypal charged extra amount

Did you solve this or at least were given an explanation? I have the same problem