Paypal case closed

MejorMediaCom
Contributor
Contributor
Hello,

The issue is, I've filed a direct dispute to paypal (escalated claim) and today after 10 days of seller not responding the case was closed, I didn't receive my money, does this mean I lost the case? It can't be since the seller did not provide any sort of information whatsoever. And is there a way to tell if I won or not? The case goes something like this:

Jun 9, 2018	PayPal	Email sent to seller
Jun 4, 2018	PayPal	Email sent to seller
Jun 1, 2018	PayPal	Email sent to seller
Jun 1, 2018	PayPal	Email sent to buyer
Jun 1, 2018	Buyer	Unauthorized case initiated
And this:

Step 3 - Case Closed
If the Unauthorized Use Claim is accepted, the sending (victim) account may have additional rows that appear in their transaction log, representing the money movement from the recipient's account. However, the victim maintains the fully refunded amount.

Thanks!
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MejorMediaCom

You filed a dispute for an unauthorised transaction so basically you were telling Paypal that your Paypal account had been hijacked and used without your consent to make that purchase !

So Paypal would check IP addresses etc and if they decided that you did authorise that transaction then the case would be closed.

Why did you not open a dispute for non receipt of item?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

MejorMediaCom
Contributor
Contributor

Well I didn't because I never actually purchased the item for MYSELF.

I was told to click on a link to which then purchased an online item for another user, it cost me a lot and so I decided to take it back, it was unauthorized since obviously I didn't know it was going to buy anything for anyone.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.