Paypal buyer protection policy not upheld?

Donavon6
Contributor
Contributor

I purchased digital goods for a online game I play but the other party has now permanently restricted me access to my account.

I have spent weeks talking with the other party who have now since ignored me and they would not give me access back to my account on which I spent my money purchasing digital goods/content. They also will not provide me with any proof/evidence for their reasoning or give me the contact information of someone higher I could speak to just stealing my money based on assumptions and accusations.

After this I took it in to a dispute with paypal from which I used to purchase the digital goods/content and escalated it to a claim because under the paypal buyer protection policy section 3.2: "intangible items such as right of access to digital content" are protected. Now after explaining my side to paypal in the dispute they sided with the other party denying me a refund of my money.

So now after multiple messages to paypal who also will not answer my question of why they sided with the other party and not upholding their own policy I would like to ask the community for advice, is this not a clear example of why this policy is in place?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Donavon6

You are covered for non receipt BUT NOT received but not as described.

If they have now blocked you then you must have 'received' it in the first place but its now 'not as described' as they have blocked you so you are not covered unfortunately.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Donavon6
Contributor
Contributor

Yes I did receive it briefly but I no longer have "access" to use it as they have prevented that, is that not what the buyer protection policy states that I have the right to "access" my digital content that I have purchased not that I have the right to only just "receive" it?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Donavon6

As i have already said you are not covered for 'received but not as described' for virtual items.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.